Qatar Airways has launched a global economy and business class 5-day sale for travel between April 1 and July 10, 2015, that is booked by March 13.
The sale prices and discounted vary from market to market. If you are based in Europe, it pays to check your nearby countries for even lower prices.
You can access the global Qatar Airways sale page here.
Note that the page resolves to the Qatar Airways destination closest to you. Just change the country from the menu on the upper right hand corner to check the prices from other cities/countries.
There are some very good fares around during this sale especially from Oslo, Dublin and some eastern European gateway cities. I might go and buy one Oslo to Cape Town return in business class, as I have one British Airways ticket ending in Oslo this spring.
Here are the terms and conditions of this sale:
- Sales period: 9th – 13th March 2015.
- Travel period: 1st April – 10th July 2015. All travel must be completed by 10th July 2015.
- Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights worldwide
- Fares include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges. Service fees may apply for tickets purchased at Qatar Airways sales offices or through travel agents.
- Discount applies to Economy and Business Class return tickets. For flights where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class: O, Q, T for Economy, I and A for Business and First Class travel.
- Minimum stay:
From Africa: First(A)/Business(I) – 2 days; Economy(Q) – 2 days; Economy(T) – 3 days; Economy(O) – 4 days.
From Middle East: (Except Qatar): First(A)/Business(I)/Economy(T) – 2 days; Economy(Q) – 1 day; Economy(O) – 3 days.
From Qatar: First(A)/Business(I)/Economy(O)/Economy(T) – 3 days; /Economy(Q) – 2 days.
From rest of the world: First(A)/Business(I)/Economy(O) – 7 days; Economy(Q) – 3 days; Economy(T) – 4 days.
- Maximum stay: 3 months for First(A)/Business(I)/Economy(Q) – 3 months; Economy(O)/Economy(T) – 1 month.
- Tickets must be purchased at least 5 days (3 days for travel originating from Qatar) prior to departure for First (A), Business (I) and Economy (O).
- On selected routings, weekend surcharge may apply. Please refer to fare rules for details.
- Discount applies to instant purchases only.
- Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
- Cancellations before and after departure are non-refundable, except for travel originating from Brazil and Korea where cancellations before departure are refundable at a penalty of USD 300 and KRW 300,000 respectively, and for travel originating from Iran where cancellations before and after departure are refundable at a penalty of USD 150,
- Changes are allowed at a penalty of USD 250 (USD 100 for intra-Middle East flights^, flights between Middle East and Indian Subcontinent^, and short-haul direct flights not via Doha) on top of any fare differences, except for travel originating from Iran, Korea and Qatar where the change penalties are USD 50, KRW 100,000 and QAR 400 (First & Business) / QAR 200 (Economy) respectively, on top of any fare differences.
- In case of no-show, the ticket is non-refundable and non-changeable, except for travel originating from Iran and Korea where the no-show penalties are USD 100 and KRW 300,000 respectively, on top of the Change or Cancellation fees.
Stopover is not permitted.
- Upgrades to a higher class/cabin using miles or Qcredits is not permitted with the promotional fares.
- Standard child/infant discount apply.
- Please note that on selected dates and destinations, lower market–specific promotion fares may be available. All available options, together with the applicable terms & conditions for each fare will be displayed at time of booking for you to make your selection.
- A different set of terms and conditions applies for travel originating from different countries. Please check their respective country sites for more information.
- Other terms & conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
^ Middle East includes Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
Indian Subcontinent includes Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Middle East flights with travel originating from Iran and Qatar will follow Iran and Qatar fare rules.