Airberlin is promoting a Service Card that comes with some benefits that loyalty program elite members would get for free for 119 euros.
The offer comes with a sweetener of 10,000 miles for purchases made until March 31, 2015.
You can access Airberlin’s web page for this offer here.
Here are the benefits:
This card is NOT worth purchasing merely for the 10,000 Topbonus miles that come with it. If you, however, travel on Airberlin and Niki and don’t have any Oneworld status, then I could consider purchasing it.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Subject to availability, a topbonus Service Card valid for 12 months can be purchased at the current price as displayed on this website.
- Only valid on flights operated by airberlin or NIKI on bookings made in the FlyClassic, FlyFlex and FlyDeal fare categories and on flights booked in Economy or Business Class.
- The benefits of the Service Card can only be used on flights for which topbonus miles are simultaneously being credited to the topbonus account with which the Service Card is associated. Please therefore state your topbonus number at the time of booking.
- Between purchasing the card and first using it, there must be a period of at least 48 hours (i.e. between purchase and departure date of the first flight on which you would like to use the benefits; there must also be a period of 48 hours between purchase and first using the card to book extra services).
- Please note that your topbonus Service Card needs to be valid at the day of booking as well as during the travel period if you want to take advantage of the Service Card’s baggage benefits.
- Benefits for flights that have already been taken or for flight bookings made with additional services will not be credited retroactively, nor can they be accumulated together with benefits offered with a topbonus Card.
- The benefit of free carriage of an item of sports baggage weighing up to 32 kg can only be granted with prior registration. If you do not register, the general rates for excess baggage apply »