SkyTrax released last week it list of 100 best airports based on the surveys that the company does.
This is more food for thought than a scientific study, but one can use as an approximate guideline.
Here’s the top 10:
1. Singapore Changi Airport
2. Incheon International Airport
3. Munich Airport
4. Hong Kong International Airport
5. Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
6. Zurich Airport
7. Central Japan International Airport
8. London Heathrow Airport
9. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
10. Beijing Capital International Airport
I really have a problem with all these various awards and the methodology used. If passengers surveyed in Jakarta think that the airport is the best in the world regardless how horrible it is in reality, it would rank high in the SkyTrax ratings.
As a matter of fact, the Jakarta airport is ranked higher than Arlanda in Stockholm or Keflavik in Iceland that just doesn’t make any sense for anyone who has been to these.