American Airlines is offering bonus Elite Qualifying Points (EQPs) for business and first class flights marketed and operated by AA/US and select partner airlines.
You get 1.5 EQP boost for full fare first and business class or 0.5 boost for discounted first and business. Registration for this offer is not required.
You can access this offer on AA’s website here.
Here’s the fare table for the bonus EQPs:
The bonus is dependent of the ticketed fare class for business and first class. Full fares earn 1.5 and discounted 0.5 for both business and first.
Also, flights on select partner carriers below qualify for the boost as long as they are marketed by AA or US:
British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Qantas or Japan Airlines
New line on Terms and conditions
Airline tickets issued as a result of airfare offered inadvertently or by mistake will not be eligible for elite-qualifying points.
This is quite interesting. Never seen anything like this on AA promo terms and conditions.Could be perhaps because of all those China tickets sold?
This makes qualifying easy for those that fly on full fare business and first class fares. It is also bit easier for those that fly on discounted fares.
You have to remember, however, that you can qualify based on the miles flown or elite qualifying points earned. If someone flies a lot on discounted economy fares, they only earn 0.5 points per mile flown.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This offer is valid for travel from April 7, 2015 through December 31, 2015.
- Offer applies to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on eligible published-fare First or Business Class tickets booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines or flights marketed by American Airlines and operated by US Airways, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Qantas or Japan Airlines; and on eligible published-fare First or Business Class tickets booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I on flights marketed and operated by US Airways or flights marketed by US Airways and operated by American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, Qantas or Japan Airlines. Flights marketed or operated by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion.
- Elite-qualifying points will be awarded based on the booking class purchased.
- Elite-qualifying points will be deposited into a member’s account as soon as the eligible flight miles are posted to the member’s AAdvantage account.
- No registration is required for this promotion.
- Only base elite-qualifying points count toward qualification for elite status challenge promotions.
- Airline tickets issued as a result of airfare offered inadvertently or by mistake will not be eligible for elite-qualifying points.