SPG has launched Hear The Music – See The World sweepstakes for attending an artist performance, Starpoints and Amazon $50 gift cards.
Participation for this promotion is limited to certain countries and you can also get a qualified entry by just sending an email.
You can access this offer on SPG’s website here.
The Hear The Music sweepstakes are valid for members residing in the following countries: U.S., Canada (except Quebec), Australia, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom
The Amazon gift card promo is only available for SPG members in the United States and you can participate by sending an email daily (no stay required).
I don’t normally write about competitions of sweepstakes but decided to include this one because in the previous years they used to dole out “concert cash” for Live Nation events. Live Nation has now, however, partnered with Hilton.
Here are the full terms and conditions:
SPG Hear The Music, See The World Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: Starwood Preferred Guest’s Hear The Music, See The World Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) members residing in the U.S., Canada (except Quebec), Australia, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom who are 18 years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of entry. Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., its affiliates, its agencies or any other company or persons directly connected with the administration of the sweepstakes as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (“Starwood”), One StarPoint, Stamford, CT 06902 (the “Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s and entrant’s guests’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 9:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 7, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on May 22, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified.
5. TO EARN ENTRY:
a) Register: Visit spg.com/hearthemusic and complete the registration. You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Promotion Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Visit spg.com/join or call 888-625-4988 to join. Only one (1) registration per person allowed during Promotion Period.
b) With a Qualified Booking/Stay: One (1) entry is available for each Eligible Nights booking, minimum two nights total, made on SPG digital channels (online or apps) and consumed during the Promotional Period. Eligible Nights for this promotion may be booked prior to the Promotion Period but must be consumed no earlier than April 7, 2015, and no later than May 22, 2015 (with a checkout posted to the member’s account on May 23, 2015). Eligible Nights do not have to be consecutive. If your Eligible Nights do not appear on your SPG account within two days of departure, please contact SPG customer service at 1-888-625-4988 immediately. You must contact SPG customer service no later than May 25, 2015, to have any missing Eligible Nights post to your account to be credited for entry in the Sweepstakes.
c) With SPG Photo Post: Receive one (1) entry when you submit a photo of yourself living the SPG Life at an SPG MomentsSM event or at a Starwood hotel or resort stay. When registering (see Section 5a), include your Instagram and/or Twitter handle. Post photo on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #spglife. All entry materials (including the photo and location) submitted during the entry process must meet conditions referred to below as the “Entry” (see Section 6). Photos posted on Twitter or Instagram must be done in accordance with Twitter and Instagram Terms of Service and Use and the Entry requirements and conditions set forth herein. LIMIT: Entrant may submit up to one (1) photo per person per day during the Promotion Period.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND PHOTO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- The Entry must not have been submitted previously in a Sweepstakes or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- The Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- The Entry must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or that promotes discrimination, including without limitation discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe on third-party rights including without limitation any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or that makes reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, and products are permitted for this Sweepstakes.
- Any clothing shown in the Entry should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials. (But showing publicly displayed or publicly accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as described above is permitted.)
- The Entry photo must not include any antisocial, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
- The Entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. The Entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor. Entries must not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors.
- Each Entrant grants to Sponsor the license and other rights in and to his/her Entry, and each Entrant agrees to execute documents confirming such rights at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, you understand that the photo portion of your Entry may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public.
- Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: For the good and valuable consideration of participating in the Sweepstakes and having your Entry considered for use by Sponsor or any of their websites and/or as otherwise detailed below, the sufficiency of which you hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant to Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, brands, subsidiaries, successors, licensees, agents and agencies and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Entry, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or later discovered, and in any manner, including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). You also hereby grant to the Sweepstakes Entities an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and transferable right to use your name, likeness, Entry, nickname, user name, Twitter and/or Instagram user name, and biographical information (collectively “Personal Content”) as contained in your Entry, in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or later discovered, and in any manner, including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of an Entry constitutes your agreement that the Sweepstakes Entities are permitted (but are not obligated) to display the Entry online (whether on Sweepstakes Entities’ web pages or applications or on third-party web pages or applications), to incorporate the Entry in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Entry in all media now known or later developed. In addition, you hereby grant to the Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license in and to all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Entry and the use of your Entry contemplated in these Official Rules does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right (personal, proprietary, or otherwise) or violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Entry and Personal Content, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances and without violating the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation any right of privacy or publicity or any other personal or proprietary right. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, incorrect or misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; other connection miscommunications; failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions; technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Sweepstakes. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple email or wireless phone numbers or accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void the entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute in regards to any entry or registration, the authorized account holder of the SPG account used to enter register will be deemed to be the entrant.
For All Methods of Entry: Sponsor is not responsible for Eligible Night Stays consumed within the Promotion Period but not posted to the entrant’s SPG account subject to section 6(a) above; late, lost, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; other connection miscommunications; failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions; technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Sweepstakes. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email, wireless phone number or SPG account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple email or wireless phone numbers or accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void the entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute in regards to any entry or registration, the authorized account holder of the SPG account used to enter or register will be deemed to be the registrant or entrant.
7. DRAWING: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 1, 2015. The drawing will be conducted, on Sponsor’s behalf, in St. Paul, MN, by Interactive Games, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via email or telephone — please be sure to provide a working email address or telephone number so that we can contact you. Due to the urgency of arranging winner travel, if a winner does not respond to such notification within 24 hours, he or she will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received.
8. INSTANT WIN
To Participate: Open to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Entrant must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Instant Win Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Visit spg.com or call 888-625-4988 to join.
Instant Win Period. The Instant Win Period begins at 9:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 7, 2015, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 17, 2015 (the “Instant Win Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified.
a) With SPG App Booking: Eligible SPG members who book a Starwood stay of at least one or more nights via the SPG Mobile App for iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ between April 7 and April 17, 2015, will earn one (1) entry in the drawing to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Limit: One (1) entry per person per day during the Instant Win Period.
b) Without Mobile Transaction: Send an email to SPGMobileAppEntry@gamedesign.com. Include your SPG member number, name, email address and phone number within the body of the email. You will earn one (1) entry in the drawing to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Limit: one (1) entry per person per day during the Instant Win Period (April 7 – 17, 2015).
Instant Win Drawing: Potential winners will be selected in a random daily drawing conducted from eligible entries received during the Instant Win Period of April 7 through April 17, 2015. The daily drawing includes entries received from the prior day ending at 11:59:59 p.m. Example: Registered member books a stay via the SPG App for iPad on April 7, Member will be included in the drawing of all April 8th entries to be conducted April 8th, 2015. Each entry that occurs throughout the Instant Win Period will be stamped based upon the date on which the participant’s Entry is posted and the exact time of day that the Entry took place (“Time Stamped”), and then recorded in Sponsor’s database. The recorded Time Stamp of the Entry will determine which drawing the Entry will be eligible for. Eleven (11) drawings will be conducted to select twenty-five (25) winners per day starting April 8 and ending on or around April 18, 2015, for a total of 275 instant prize winners. The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor’s’ behalf in St. Paul, MN, by Interactive Games (Administrator), an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winners are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. LIMIT: One instant win Amazon Gift Card per unique winner during the Instant Win Period.
9. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) and IRS Form W-9 (or IRS Form W-8 if outside the U.S.) within two (2) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, or a potential winner declines, or is unable for whatever reason to travel on the specified prize dates, or does not hold travel documents, valid passports, visas (if applicable) and any other documents necessary for travel, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. For residents of Canada only, potential winners will be required to correctly answer, without any assistance, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by telephone without any assistance in order to receive a prize. All winners and their guests are solely responsible for ensuring that they hold valid passports and any other documents necessary for travel.
10. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to attend their choice of one of the following five music performances.
- W® Bejing Hotel Chang’an: June 12, 2015. Artist Zhang Zhen Yui.
- Aloft® and ElementSM Doral Miami: June 26, 2015. Artist Nate Ruess.
- The St. Regis® Mexico City: October 8, 2015. Artist Jamie Cullum
- The Westin® Palace Madrid: October 30, 2015. Artist Bastille.
- Sheraton® Downtown Los Angeles Hotel: November 11, 2015. Artist John Legend.
The prize includes round-trip, coach-class airfare to performance city from the major airport closest to the winner’s residence (should airfare not be required, substitute compensation will not be provided); two (2) nights’ accommodation, double occupancy (cost of the hotel room and room tax/service charge only) at Sponsor’s designated property; and two (2) tickets to the performance. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $5,000.00
Second Prize: One (1) winner will take over a SPG Luxury Suite of their choice from four performance/venues as follows:
Madison Square Garden, New York: Billy Joel, June 20, 2015
Shanghai Arena: Jane Zhang, June 27, 2015
02 Arena, London: John Legend, June 25, 2015
Staples Center, Los Angeles: Taylor Swift, August 22, 2015
Food and beverages will be served in the suite. LIMIT: 12 people
Third Prize. One (1) winner will receive 50,000 Starpoints toward an SPG Moments experience. ARV $1,250.00
No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize and event date with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Lost, mutilated or stolen tickets will not be replaced. In the event that the prize concert is cancelled, or if the lineup is changed, Sponsor will use their best efforts to arrange replacement tickets but will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the prize winner and/or his or her guest. The Prize(s) are not refundable, non transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
The Grand Prize winner must travel from a Sponsor-selected airport near the winner’s or designated guest’s residence on Sponsor-selected dates or the prize may be forfeited, unless air travel is not required for participation. All hotel and flight arrangements will be made by an SPG representative. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. In the event the winner lives within close proximity to the trip destination (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), Sponsor will substitute airfare with ground transportation, and any difference in value will not be awarded to the winner. Failure to consume the event award package by the event date will result in prize forfeiture. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Specific travel arrangements and all Grand Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be made and determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All transportation and event tickets are subject to the terms and conditions specified thereon. Grand Prize winner and designated guest must travel on the same itinerary. Designated guest must sign a travel and publicity release or, in the case of a minor (under 18 years of age), release must be signed by parent or legal guardian. A minor may only qualify as a winner’s guest if they are accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. It is the winner’s and his/her guest’s sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting passport or necessary identification (including photograph) at the time of travel. Prize winner will be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals.
All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the prize package descriptions listed in Section 10, above, including, but not limited to, additional lodging, transportation, parking, food and beverage, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at the hotel or otherwise, security fees, travel insurance (mandatory), souvenirs and incidentals, taxes, or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner and his or her designated guest and are not covered by SPG.
By entering this Promotion and accepting the Prize, the winner and guest(s) agree to maintain their behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any promotion- or prize-related activity. The Prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Prize winner or his/her designated guest from any activity at any time if the Prize winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize.
11. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant the Sponsor, its promotional partners and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your name, signature, likeness, submitted entry photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that the Sponsor may take of you or your designated guest, if you are a winner (in their sole discretion), in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You or your designated guest shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
12. PRIVACY: By providing this information, you authorize Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (“Starwood”) to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Starwood business–related purposes; and to store your information at and transmit it to various locations throughout the world, either directly or through third-party vendors, whether within your country of residence, the United States, or elsewhere. To learn more about our data collection and usage practices, please see our Privacy Statement at starwoodhotels.com.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, typographical errors, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant and his/her designated guest agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
15. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
16. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To find out the name of the winners after May 30, 2015, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SPG Hear The Music, See The World Sweepstakes, Winner, 420 Summit Ave. St. Paul, MN 55102.