United Airlines has launched promotion for getting Marriott Rewards members to choose MileagePlus when redeeming for Travel Packages (read more about them here).
From April 15 to June 30, 2015, Marriott Rewards members that redeem for Travel Packages and choose United MileagePlus as the partner program where they deposit the miles, will receive an additional 10% or 10K bonus from United (in addition to the usual 10%).
You can access Marriott Rewards page for Travel Packages here.
Here’s the bonus table:
Marriott Rewards Travel Packages are the best way to use points that allows you to redeem for a 7-night stay at a hotel and set number of miles depending of the package that you choose. I have always redeemed my Marriott Rewards points for Travel Packages (just dumped some to AA last year when they had conversion bonus).
My United MileagePlus account is practically empty and was just thinking the other night that I need to redeem for a Travel Package and choose United when they have next conversion bonus. Will do category 1- 5 with 120,000 miles that becomes to
144,000 142,000 miles with United.
Remember that you can always up the hotel category by just paying the difference in Marriott Rewards points if you cannot find worthwhile category 1 – 5 properties where you could use them.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1) Registration not required.
2) Marriott Rewards® Hotel + Air Package must be booked through https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi. Marriott Rewards terms and conditions apply.
3) Promotional MileagePlus Bonus Award Miles – Bonus award miles will be awarded once the miles from a Hotel + Air Package (“Package Miles”) are posted to a members account as follows:
a. 5,000 bonus award miles will be awarded to member’s account after Package Miles from a 55,000 mile Hotel + Air Package or 77,000 mile Hotel + Air Package are posted to a member’s account.
b. 10,000 bonus miles will be awarded to member’s accounts after Package Miles from either a 110,000 mile Hotel + Air Package or a 132,000 mile Hotel + Air Package are posted to a member’s account.
c. Please allow up to five business days after Package Miles have posted to member’s account for bonus award miles to post.
d. Package Miles include RewardsPlus 10% bonus miles benefit.
4) To be eligible for promotional bonus miles, Hotel + Air Packages must be ordered within the promotional period of April 15, 2015 through June 30, 2015 – determination of bonus miles will be based on transaction date of when Hotel + Air Package was ordered – Hotel + Air Packages ordered outside the promotional window will not be eligible for promotional bonus miles.
5) Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
6) MileagePlus: Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to www.united.com.