British Airways has launched conversion promotion from hotel points to Executive Club Avios.
You can get 10% bonus converting Starpoints and 25% bonus converting from other program listed below until May 31, 2015 (June 30 for Shangri-La).
You can access British Airways web page for this promotion here.
Here are the eligible programs:
Converting from any other program than Marriott Rewards and then only IF you are redeeming a travel package makes very little sense. Even with Marriott, I would choose a partner program with more valuable miles.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over, is a British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) Member (membership terms and conditions apply) and is enrolled and registered with one of the participating hotel partner loyalty programmes.
- By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Participating hotel partners are Carlson Hotels, Hilton Hotels, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Marriott and Shangri-La & Starwood.
- Participating hotel loyalty programmes are Club Carlson, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest and Golden Circle.
- To become a member of any of the hotel loyalty programmes click here and simply choose the relevant hotel partner, follow the links to enrol via their website.
- Eligible Participants will receive up to 25% more BAEC Avios (“Bonus Avios”) when they convert Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points into Avios during the Qualifying Period. “Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points” means a minimum of requirement of loyalty points earned through the Hotel Loyalty Programme. Minimum amounts vary between hotel partners: Club Carlson – 2,000 points; Hilton HHonors – 10,000; Hyatt Gold Passport – 5,000; IHG Rewards – 10,000; Marriott Rewards – 10,000; Starwood Preferred Guest – 2,500 and Golden Circle – 2,500.
- The standard earn rate for loyalty points earned through the hotel loyalty programmes varies according to the hotel partner. For example Hyatt Gold Passport Programme is 1 Avios for every 2.5 loyalty points converted. Therefore, an Eligible Participant who converts 5,000 of Hyatt Gold Passport Programme loyalty points will earn 2,500 Avios in total. For full details on the earn rates per hotel partner please click here.
- “Qualifying Period” means: Between 4th May and 31st May 2015 for Hilton HHonors, Club Carlson Gold Passport, IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards & Starwood Preferred Guest: Between 21st April and 31st May 2015 for Hyatt Gold Passport members and between 1st April and 30th June 2015 for Golden Circle members.
- To participate, Eligible Participants must first enrol if they are not already members and then visit the relevant hotel website to convert their loyalty points into Avios.
- Bonus Avios can take 4-6 weeks to show on your account from the date of conversion. Once they have been credited, you can start redeeming them for flights, hotels and Avis car hire. Taxes, fees and charges remain payable by the BAEC Member. Reward flights are subject to availability and capacity control and availability may be limited at peak times.
- Loyalty points from the different participating hotel loyalty programmes cannot be redeemed together and must be redeemed separately.
- Loyalty points earned with the participating hotel loyalty programmes during the Qualifying Period are valid for this promotion, provided that they are redeemed within the Qualifying Period.
- Bonus Avios is non-redeemable for cash.
- Bonus Avios is issued subject to the BAEC Terms and Conditions and all passengers and baggage are subject to the general terms and conditions of carriage.
- Hotel loyalty scheme membership, and earning and redemption of Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of each specific hotel’s loyalty scheme in addition to British Airways Terms and Conditions, as applicable.
- Standard Avios are issued in addition to Bonus Avios.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or participating hotel partner offer or promotion.
- The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without any liability to customers for doing so.
- By taking part in this promotion, participants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the Promoters or their agents or subcontractors to administer this promotion, who will only use the information provided for the purpose of administering the promotion.
- This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- This promotion is provided by: Club Carlson – Carlson Hotels Inc. having its registered office 701 Carlson Parkway, MS 8203, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA, Hilton HHonors Worldwide, having its registered office at L.L.C. 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, Virginia 22102, USA , Hyatt Corporation having its registered office at 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, USA, InterContinental Hotels Group PLC having its registered office at Broadwater Partk, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, UK, Marriott® having its registered office at Albemarle Street, London W1S 4HQ, UK, Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd having its registered office 28/F Kerry Centre, 683 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc having its registered office at One StarPoint, Stamford, CT, USA and British Airways Plc Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.