Starwood has now launched Select Member Exclusive 7 promotion for existing members and there are several targeted offers from bonus nights to up to 3 free night certs after 3 stays. The offers are valid for stays between May 1 – July 31, 2015.
There is several Select Member Exclusive 6 promotion going on that is targeted for new members (you can read more about this here).
You can check if your account is targeted for this promotion here.
Here are the Select Member Exclusive 7 offers:
– SPG Gold status after two stays valid through February 2017
– 1,500 bonus Starpoints after first stay, 2,500 bonus Starpoints after second stay and 3,500 bonus Starpoints after third stay for maximum of 7,500 bonus Starpoints after three stays
– 2,000 bonus Starpoints after second stay, 2,500 bonus Starpoints after third stay and 3,000 bonus Starpoints after fourth stay for maximum of 7,500 bonus Starpoints after four stays
– Double elite qualifying nights and stays (note that these don’t count towards the lifetime status)
– One free category 1 – 5 award after first stay, second one after second eligible stay and third one after third qualifying stay for maximum of three category 1 – 5 awards after three stays
– One free category 1 – 5 award after second stay, second one after third eligible stay and third one after fourth qualifying stay for maximum of three category 1 – 5 awards after four stays
Starwood continues to offer these targeted promotions for “select” members. They are likely targeting those that haven’t had stays at Starwood affiliated hotels for a while.
My advise would be to open an account for every family member and relative. Then act once their account gets targeted to one of these offers