American Airlines and British Airways have both launched up to 115,000 miles/Avios campaign for transatlantic travel between May 7 – August 7, 2015.
The offer is valid for travel between United States, Canada or Mexico and Europe on American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies and US Airways marketed and operated flights.
The offer is valid for first, business, premium economy and full fare economy class tickets. To earn the maximum bonus miles, you must be flying on business or first class.
Here’s the American Airlines version of the offer:
Here’s the British Airways version of the offer:
The British Airways version requires your account address to be in the United States, Canada or Mexico while the AA offer doesn’t. Also, the British Airways offer states that the travel must originate from those three countries while American Airlines one explicitly doesn’t.
I am not sure if Iberia and Finnair will have similar offers for their frequent flies.
Here are the terms and conditions of the American Airlines offer:
Together Offering you More Across the Atlantic:
American, US Airways, along with our partners British Airways, Finnair and Iberia, are offering you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond. Enjoy convenient access to more destinations, smoother connections and enhanced amenities and comfort on our newly modernized aircraft. And we’re providing even more opportunities to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles and access to more airport lounges worldwide for eligible customers.
*Includes First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y, B or H on American Airlines or US Airways marketed flights; First Class or Club World (Business Class) fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D or I; World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) booked in W, E or T; Full-fare World Traveller (full-fare Economy) booked in Y, B or H on British Airways marketed flights; Business Class fares booked in C, D, I or J; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y, B or H on Finnair marketed; Business Class fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y, B or H on Iberia marketed or operated flights; Biz Bed (Business Class) fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Prem Plus fares booked in W, E, T; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y, B or H on OpenSkies operated as British Airways flights.
Terms and conditions
AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid only on American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies or US Airways operated and/or marketed nonstop flights for round-trip travel between the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe, May 7, 2015, through August 7, 2015. Flights operated and marketed by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on eligible published-fare tickets. Bonus miles will be calculated and awarded based on the number of trips flown in a specific booking class. The bonus can only be earned for a maximum of three round-trips. Half the round-trip bonus will be posted after each eligible one way segment. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler status. Registration prior to travel is required using Promotion Code NA015 at www.aa.com/offers.
Here are the terms and conditions of the British Airways offer:
Avios bonus for Executive Club Members on qualifying, round trip transatlantic flights booked in flexible/non-restricted economy or higher fares for travel completed by August 7, 2015. Bonus may up earned on up to three (3) qualifying round trips flown during the promotional period. Pre-travel registration required.
- To be eligible for this promotion, British Airways Executive Club Members at least 18 years of age who are locally enrolled and residing in the United States, Canada or Mexico must (i) register for the promotion between May 7, 2015 and August 7, 2015, inclusive, at ba.com; if you are not a current Member, you must enroll in Executive Club and register; and (ii) after registering sufficiently in advance of outbound travel, book and then complete qualifying flights by August 7, 2015. British Airways (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Members. By taking part in this promotion, Members confirm that they accept the terms and conditions of the offer.
- Existing bookings made prior to the promotional period do not qualify and this offer cannot be applied retroactively.
- This Executive Club bonus Avios offer is valid on qualifying British Airways, American Airlines, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies or US Airways operated and marketed non-stop flights to the UK or Europe. Member must purchase and fly on a full-fare transatlantic ticket for travel beginning and ending in the United States, Canada or Mexico for flights in the following booking classes (which are unrestricted or have limited restrictions):
(i) on British Airways operated flights, includes fares booked in First class, Club World Business class, World Traveller Plus Premium Economy or flexible/non-restricted World Traveller Economy class: F, A, J, C, D, R, I, W, E, T, Y, B or H;
(ii) on American Airlines operated flights, includes fares booked in First class, Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class: F, A, P, J, R, D, I, Y, B or H;
(iii) on Finnair operated flights, includes fares booked in Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class: J, C, D, I, Y, B, or H;
(iv) on Iberia operated flights, includes fares booked in Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class: J, C, D, R, I, Y, B, or H;
(v) on OpenSkies operated flights, includes fares booked in Biz Bed/Business, Prem Plus/Premium Economy and flexible/non-restricted Eco/Economy: J, C, D, R, I, W, E, T, Y, B or H;
(vi) on US Airways operated flights, includes fares booked in Business class or flexible/non-restricted Economy class: J, R, D, I, Y, B or H;
This promotion does not apply to flights marketed or operated by franchises, including Comair, Iberia Express, and Sun-Air, or any other code share partners or oneworld Alliance Members.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that the booking/selling class of the fare purchased qualifies for this promotion. Please confirm prior to purchase. For bookings on ba.com, simply click on the flight number hyperlink on the “Choose your flights” page and refer to the booking/selling classes listed above in 3. (Discount Economy class fares, including those booked/sold in K, M, L, V, S, N, Q, O, or G fare classes, do not qualify for this offer.)
- Member may earn the specified bonus on a maximum of three qualifying round trips on eligible transatlantic tickets purchased and flown as an Executive Club Member: (i) For the first round trip flight, 20,000 bonus Avios in first and business class or 5,000 bonus Avios in premium economy class and flexible/non-restricted economy class; (ii) For the second round trip flight, 40,000 bonus Avios in first and business class or 10,000 bonus Avios in premium economy class and flexible/non-restricted economy class; (iii) For the third round trip flight, 55,000 bonus Avios in first and business class or 15,000 bonus Avios in premium economy class and flexible/non-restricted economy class. Half the round trip bonus will be posted after each eligible one way flight segment.
- Members must quote their Executive Club membership number when booking their qualifying flights and again at check-in for each flight flown during the promotional period.
- The following are not qualifying flights and this promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any offer, promotion, or deal, including, but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or airline industry discounted fares, Consolidator or Wholesale fares, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, (iii) bookings made with vouchers or coupons; or (iv) upgraded tickets (except those originally booked and purchased in one of the qualifying booking classes with all other terms and conditions of this offer applicable).
- Qualifying flights are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that Members are unable to book qualifying flights.
- Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for bonus Avios to be credited to your Executive Club account.
- British Airways is not liable for the reproduction of this offer or indirect access via third party websites of these terms and where such reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with this promotion.
- Member must pay all applicable taxes, fees, and carrier charges.
- BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions of this offer, without notice, at any time.
- Subject to the full terms and conditions of the Executive Club Programme as set out on ba.com.
- Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Other significant restrictions apply.