IHG Rewards Club made the full PointBreaks preview list available on Friday (read more here) that will become available for reservations tomorrow.
PointBreaks hotels are available for just 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night regardless what the usual point requirements are.
You can access IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks page here.
Here are some things that you should consider when booking PointBreaks hotels:
– You are only allowed to make two reservations for PointBreaks per each hotel according to the terms and conditions. Each of the reservations can be for as many days as you want or the award availability exists.
– The booking window usually opens somewhere between 8AM to 10AM EDT (tomorrow). We will have an update once the booking has gone live. Some hotels may not be immediately bookable at the lower points level, however.
– You should be firm on the dates, as you can no longer modify the reservation(s) once the hotel has dropped off from the PointBreaks list or the award inventory is gone. You can usually shorten your stay and get the points back for the nights you didn’t use, however.
– Once the PointBreaks allocation has been used, the hotel will become available for awards at their usual point requirements level.
– The hotel cannot see what kind of award you used. They get the same reimbursement for PointBreaks as they get for regular award nights.
– The more popular PointBreaks hotels tend to get their award inventory exhausted within couple of hours after going live. You should carefully plan in advance what you would like to book
I have not been able to use PointBreaks hotels this year, but have used them for months in previous years (Crowne Plaza Bangkok, Intercontinental Tahiti and InterContinental Asiana Saigon come to mind). You can really stretch your IHG Rewards Club points IF you can plan your holidays around them.