United Airlines has launched a new offer for up to 35% discount when buying or gifting Mileage Plus miles on or before June 8, 2015.
You can buy up to 150,000 miles in a calendar year and the price of a mile under this offers depends of the purchase amount per the table below.
You can access this offer and see your bonus amount (sometimes there are better personalized offers) on United’s website here.
The price of purchasing 150,000 miles with 50% bonus is 2.45 cents each.
United tends to have miles sales at 50% off every once in a while. You can likely score a better deal if you can wait and the lowest price recently was less than 2 cents each.
Here are the terms and conditions of this targeted offer:
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on June 8, 2015; promotional 5% bonus offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on May 28, 2015.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.