Le Club Accorhotels has improved their Platinum and other status level benefits in the last few years. One of the new benefits introduced was Executive Lounge access.
As is often the case with the Le Club Accorhotels benefits, there appears to be properties that have “challenges” understanding them.
You can access Le Club Accorhotels web page for Platinum benefits here.
Here’s the chart, note that there are no asterisks that some of the benefits wouldn’t be available at all properties or they would be subject to availability:
You have to click the link that opens up another page with the following info:
- Access to Executive lounge Upon request and subject to availability on arrival at the hotel, if existing (except Sofitel Melbourne, Sofitel Brisbane and Sofitel Sydney).
- Early check in On request and upon availability on arrival.
- Free Internet worldwide Internet access is complementary at most Accor hotels. If that is not the case where you are staying, benefit from free access thanks to the Le Club Accorhotels program. At ibis Styles, Internet access is already included in the “all inclusive” offer.
- Guaranteed room availability before your arrival Except Thalassa sea & spa hotels. Not available at Resort hotels, minimum length of stay required.
- Late check-out On request and upon availability on arrival.
- Priority Check-in If existing
- Room upgrade upon arrival, subject to availability Except at hotels with one room type.
Room upgrade to the next available room type for all villas
- Room upgrade to the best room in hotel (applicable for Platinum members at The Sebel only). On request and upon availability on arrival.
- Room upgrade to the next room category (applicable for Platinum members at MGallery only) Except Suites in Europe.
- VIP Treatment Subject to availability. Except Adagio Access, ibis and ibis Styles.
- Welcome drink Only for Silver status members at Novotel and Suite Novotel. A welcome drink is offered to Silver, Gold and Platinum members at other hotel brands.
- 10% discount at restaurant and bar (applicable for Mercure only) Valid during member’s stay for maximum 4 people, not including breakfast. Not available in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Asia Pacific.
- 10% discount on treatments at Thalassa sea & spa Institutes A Platinum member staying at a Thalassa hotel as a leisure guest (without treatment package) can enjoy a 10% discount on treatments booked directly at the Institute (thalassotherapy or aesthetic treatments). A Platinum member staying at a Thalassa hotel as a treatment guest (for example, has booked a Short-Stay Vitality package) can enjoy a 10% discount on additional treatments purchased directly at the Institute (thalassotherapy or aesthetic treatments).
The Executive Lounge access is “upon request and subject to availability”. That would indicate that IF the property has a lounge and it is open, the access should be granted. Then there is the exception of the three properties in Australia.
Here’s what a reader emailed me:
Accor Platinum does not give access to the Club Lounge at Sofitel Kurfustendamm in Berlin.
According to the hotel, they can not give access to the lounge if there are many guests at the hotel.
When I visited the hotel in late May, I had a rather unpleasant discussion with the duty manager, finally we got access, with the words “If there are no vacant seats, you shave to stand in the lounge.
I had some issues with the lounge access at the Sofitel in Rio de Janeiro. Although I had lounge access, I was not supposed to check in there because I wouldn’t be granted all the club benefits even when having access. Didn’t make much sense. Also, they really don’t like to give you access during breakfast hours.
The Sofitel in Brisbane did give me an access at the end after I pointed out that all of their competitors do at the same status level.
Le Club Accorhotels should remove the “upon request and based on availability”. They should also remove the exclusion of the three hotels in Australia. Considering the rates that these hotels charge, it shouldn’t be too much of an issue to give Platinum members access.