Marriott Rewards has double miles offer valid with select airlines for new members that join the program.
The prom page states that the offer is valid for stays between June 16 – September 30, 2015, although the T&C’s define the promo period for any 90 day period after signing up from May 1 to October 31.
You can sign up and register for this offer here.
Here are the airlines eligible for the double miles:
- Aeromexico ClubPremier
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- Avianca-TACA LifeMiles
- Etihad Guest
- Lufthansa Miles & More
- Saudia Airlines
Note that the maximum number of double miles that you can earn is capped at 35,000.
Previously the double miles offer for new members was valid for greater number of airline partners.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is for new members to the Marriott Rewards program who enrol between May 1, 2015 and October 31, 2015
- Existing Marriott Rewards members are not eligible. To see your Marriott Rewards® promotions, sign into your online account.
- Enrolment with Marriott Rewards® is required to be eligible for this promotion.
- When enrolling, you must select an airline participating in this promotion.
- Upon enrolment, registration for the promotion is automatic with miles earning preference.
- Promotion earning period is 90 days from enrolment.
- This offer is valid only for qualifying stays you personally make at participating Marriott® brand hotels within 90 days from enrolment.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Stays made during the promotion period prior to enrolment are not eligible for double bonus miles.
- Earn double bonus miles, up to a total of 35,000 bonus miles, in addition to base miles, beginning with the first stay and all subsequent stays during the promotion timeframe.
- As used in these terms and conditions, “miles” means the earning currency (miles, points or other earning currency) of the airline partners participating in this promotion.
- For participating airline partners whose earning currency is in kilometres, double bonus miles earned will be converted into kilometres at a conversion rate of 1.6 prior to posting to member’s preferred airline account.
- Marriott Rewards base mileage earned for qualifying charges is calculated based on the airline loyalty programme’s earning currency.
- To review base mileage calculations, click here.
- Miles are earned on all qualifying charges at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels® and Marriott Vacation Club® brands, and on room rate only at EDITION®, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard by Marriott®, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Residence Inn by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Moxy HotelsSM brands.
- Stays at select participating Protea Hotels will count toward achievement beginning 2/23/2015. For a list of participating Protea Hotels visit http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement, and miles are earned on room rate only.
- Miles earned based on qualifying charges that are charged to the hotel room include: room rate, meals, beverages, phone calls, movies and purchases at a Marriott-operated Gift Shop. Non-qualifying charges are: taxes, paid outs, gift certificate redemption/gift card purchases, banquet, catering and group charges.
- Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points (“points”) are not eligible for this promotion.
- Members may not earn both points and miles for the same stay.
- A member may switch from earning miles to points, and vice versa, before a given stay by updating his or her membership profile. The member will begin earning the new currency (points or miles) with the next stay after the change is made. Previous earnings will not be converted to the new currency. If the member wishes to “convert” points into miles, the member may redeem points for a mileage reward.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for Elite credit.
- Allow 4 to 6 weeks after your stay is complete for double bonus miles to be posted to your airline/miles programme account.
- All Marriott Rewards programme terms and conditions apply. Visit the Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions for complete details.
- All programme terms and conditions of participating airlines apply.
- Your preferred airline/miles programme reserves the right to change programme rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice.
- Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated.
- Your preferred airline/miles programme is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.