United Airlines sent out yesterday bunch of emails to MileagePlus members offering them the opportunity to purchase Premier Qualifying miles.
You can always purchase Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM’s) by using the Award & Premier Accelerators and the price often is lower than using this united “sale”. You can read more using the Award & Premier Accelerators here.
You can access this offer on United.com here (note that not everybody is eligible).
Here’s the email that United sent out (thanks for forwarding it):
The price of a PQM under this offer (there are likely number of various offers) is 17 cents each. You have to remember than merely having PQMs is not enough but you need Premier Qualifying Dollars (PQD) as well.
If you need to purchase PQM, I would rather go the Award & Premier Accelerator route than take advantage of this promotion.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is for select MileagePlus® members and only the original recipient of this offer is eligible to participate.
- All Premier® qualifying miles (“PQM”) and Premier qualifying segments (“PQS”) purchased with this offer are nonrefundable.
- Offer valid for purchases made before or on June 29, 2015.
- Must be a MileagePlus member to participate in this offer.
- Offer allows, per member, a maximum purchase of 15,000 PQM and 15 PQS toward 2015 PQM and PQS balance and 2016 Premier status qualification. PQM and PQS purchases must be made in increments of 1,000 PQM and 1 PQS; there is no minimum PQM and PQS purchase. Purchased PQM and PQS will be posted to the 2015 PQM and PQS balance in the account of the member listed on the purchase page.
- PQM and PQS purchased through this offer only count toward qualification for 2016 Premier status and do not count toward and may not be used for award redemption.
- PQM and PQS purchases do not count toward the Premier qualifying dollar (“PQD”) requirement for Premier status qualification.
- Purchases only supplement a member’s 2015 PQM and PQS balance and can help you meet the PQM and PQS requirements for Premier status qualification but do not guarantee status qualification. As part of qualification for any Premier level, members must fly a minimum of four paid flights operated by United®, or United Express® or Copa Airlines† during a calendar year and satisfy any applicable PQD requirements. (Certain Chase cardholders are exempt from the minimum flight requirement.) View Premier status qualification requirements.
- All PQM and PQS are sold in U.S. dollars through this offer.
- A customer can make a purchase in connection with this offer only once.
- Other restrictions apply.
- Fees may vary by member. Offer and fees are subject to change without notice.
- PQM and PQS purchased through this offer will be posted to the account of the member listed on the purchase page within 5-7 business days of the purchase date.