Etihad Airways has launched moonlight check-in initiative to better handle the passenger flow at its Abu Dhabi hub between June 21 and July 31, 2015.
If you check between 1AM to 6AM or 1PM to 6PM, you will receive an additional 5KG checked baggage allowance, 2,500 bonus Etihad Guest miles + 1 hour free parking.
You can access Etihad’s web page for this promo here.
Note that you can check in up to 24 hours before your scheduled flight time for all other than US flights where this is not available.
This is probably due to increased travel before/after Ramadan from/to Abu Dhabi itself. Doubt that too many tourist would drive to the airport to check in during the “moonlight” hours to get 5 kilo extra allowance and 2,500 miles.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Moonlight check-in is not available at City Terminal Check-in, Etihad Travel Mall, or Al Ain Airport Check-in and is available on Etihad operated services only.
- Flights to the U.S. must go through the dedicated preclearance check-in counters in Terminal 3 at Abu Dhabi International Airport and are therefore not eligible for Moonlight incentives.
- Etihad partner airline guests are not eligible for the Moonlight check-in incentives.
- Passengers of other airlines using City Terminal are not permitted to use the Etihad shuttle service.
- Etihad Travel Mall and Al Ain Airport check-in is not available for US bound guests, guests with reduced mobility or unaccompanied minors.