United Airlines has launched economy award sale for travel between United States or Canada and Hawaii this fall between August 18 – December 15, 2015.
All members are eligible 20% discount and all United Premier members and Chase credit card holders get an additional 5% off for total discount of 25%.
You can access this offer on United’s web page here.
Note that the discount is only available for travel Monday to Thursday.
Here are the discounted number of miles required:
You should always compare the paid flight options as well. This could be a deal for travel on expensive days and from markets where discounted fares to Hawaii just don’t exist.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Saver Award discount applies for travel on Monday through Thursday only.
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on July 6, 2015.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after August 18, 2015, and completed on or before December 15, 2015.
- Blackout dates for travel from Hawaii to the U.S. or Canada: November 27 through November 30, 2015.
- Blackout dates for travel from the U.S. or Canada to Hawaii: November 19 through November 22, 2015.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. or Canada and Hawaii.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The 20% discounted Saver Award is available to all MileagePlus members.
- The 25% discounted Saver Award is only available to MileagePlus Chase credit cardmembers and MileagePlus Premier members.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per roundtrip; September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government-defined stopover, for awards for air transportation originating at an airport in the U.S.; U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (take-off and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.70 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.50 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2015. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visitwww.united.com/awards. Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance by calling the United Customer Contact Center. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for the provision of or failure to provide the promotional offers. Miles will post directly to your United MileagePlus account and will not appear on your Chase statement.