IHG Rewards Club has emailed an offer for select members that can earn triple points for stays in Greater China July 15 – August 31, 2015.
The Greater China consists of China, Macao, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
The address on the email solves to an IHG site here (note that no mentions of this offer).
Here’s copy of the email sent:
Note that there is no way to register for this offer. The email states that the offer would be valid for specific company named on the email, but no company actually named.
IHG Rewards Club may have felt the heat for not having systemwide offer for stays in Greater China this summer. Triple points offer is very good offer. You would earn quadruple points (40 per USD charged) at the yet to be named top tier level for stays.
It is unclear, whether this offer is valid on all rates or not. The T&C’s refer to corporate rate listed on the email when there is none. It could be that the offer was sent to Ambassador members.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. Eligibility: Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member (“Member”) and a current, full-time employee of the company named in this email in order to participate in this promotion.
2. Promotion Period: Qualified stay(s) must be completed on or after 15 July, 2015 and on or before 31 August, 2015.
3. Participating Hotels: This promotion is only available for stays completed at all IHG-operated hotels in mainland China,, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, including InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and HUALUXE®hotels.
4. Bonus Points: During the promotion period, eligible Members will receive double bonus points in addition to the standard IHG®F Rewards Club points (“Points”) after each qualified stay (see below for details of qualification standards) at participating hotels.
5. Qualified Stays for Bonus Points：
Apart from other requirements specified in these terms and conditions, qualified stays for this promotion must also meet the following requirements on stays and room rates:
(a) Eligible Members must book with the Key Negotiated Rates according to contract between the company named in this email and IHG, and then complete their stays at participating hotels.
(b) Eligible Members must present a current and valid employee ID issued by the company named in this email, and their reservation confirmations.
(c) Only one room per Member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus Points. Bonus Points are available only once to each Member for each stay, regardless of the total number of reservations or amount of accommodation charges paid by the Member.
6. Other Rules:
(a) Rooms are not transferable. This promotion applies only to the Member that reserves and check-in the same room.
(b) Room rates will be billed in local currency. Tax and service charges apply.
(c) It may take 6-8 weeks for bonus Points to be credited into the eligible Member’s IHG® Rewards Club account.
(d) No Points will be awarded retroactively for stays prior to the effective date of the Member’s membership.
(e) If for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure) this promotion cannot be carried out as planned, the sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel, suspend and/or terminate this promotion at its sole discretion.
(f) To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules of this promotion at any time.
7. Prevailing Language: These terms and conditions were originally prepared in Chinese. If there is any discrepancy between the Chinese version and any other language versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.
8. Miscellaneous: This promotion is also subject to standard IHGIHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure (please visit www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more details). Members cannot participate in this promotion concurrently with any other promotions. IHG reserves the right to cancel or in any other way dispose of a Member’s Points according to these terms and conditions and IHGIHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions, if the member has any fraudulent conducts or misuses.