One of my favorite hotels in the world is the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Not only because the consistently good service and well kept interior but also due to the excellent Gold Passport Diamond benefits that are provided.
The Park Hyatt Tokyo is one of the aspirational properties of the Hyatt chain when it comes to redeem Gold Passport points, even though it’s a Category 7 hotel that runs 30,000 GP points per night. For both revenue and award stays, the hotel is actually quite restrictive when it comes to the regular guest benefits during the stay. In fact, even the Club at the Park (Onsen, Sauna) facilities are chargeable for non-Diamond members. Hotel guests may use the 47th floor facilities (Pool, Gym, and Aerobics Studio) on a complimentary basis however.
The Gold Passport Diamond Benefits at the Park Hyatt Tokyo are:
- Upgrade to the best available room (usually a Park View King which I find nice and adequate)
- Complimentary access to the Club at the Park on the 45th floor
- Twilight Time Happy Hour at the Peak Bar from 5:00-9:00pm
- Waived Cover Charge at the New York Bar on the 52nd floor (applicable to all guests of the hotel)
- Complimentary Breakfast at Girandole Restaurant or alternatively through Room Service
This is a tremendous value considering the individual charges for each of these services. Especially the Happy Hour option is something that Park Hyatt doesn’t have to provide so it’s a very nice gesture that they do it nonetheless.
Here are some impressions from my last visit:
Club at the Park
New York Bar
I’m a frequent guest at different Park Hyatt hotels all over the world and have to say that the Gold Passport Diamond benefits provided here in Tokyo outdo all of the other properties I have visited so far.
Occasionally you are being offered complimentary coffee or similar small services. The Park Hyatt Tokyo really excels in this regard which makes me not regretting to spend 30,000 points or ~ 500$ per night average rate at this property.