Le Club Accorhotels has been sending out emails about a real enhancement done to the online point redemptions towards paid rates.
You can now use points increments of 2,000 (40 euros) towards and don’t have to use all the points sitting in your account.
You can access Le Club Accorhotels web page for this change here.
Here’s copy of the email:
Some readers have complained about the cumbersome way of redeeming points towards the hotel stays online and that it often takes weeks to get points back for canceled reservations. Also, you have not been (not sure if there has been a change) able to use points towards the most discounted rates.
I have used the points in form of euro vouchers that come with their own issues (mainly the “fake” exchange rates used by hotels – read more here).
This online redemption should use the live proper Accor rates and, when you don’t pay the entire amount using points, should also post as a qualifying stay for promotional purposes (more vouchers!).
Here are the updated terms and conditions:
1. How can I make a booking online with my points?
- You can use your Le Club Accorhotels points to pay for all or part of an online booking to stay at one of the hotels participating in the Le Club Accorhotels loyalty programme. Le Club Accorhotels points cannot be used at partner hotels of the Le Club Accorhotels loyalty programme.
- The total amount (incl. taxes) of your booking must be higher than or equal to the number of points converted (2,000 points = €40).
- However, bookings made at prepaid, non-refundable and non-modifiable rates must always include a portion paid by credit card.
- You can use your Le Club Accorhotels points to book on the following websites: accorhotels.com, sofitel.com, pullmanhotels.com, mgallery.com, novotel.com, suitenovotel.com, mercure.com, ibis.com and adagio.com. You can also use your points when booking via the AccorHotels mobile application, the AccorHotels bookings call centre or directly with the hotel participating in the Le Club Accorhotels loyalty programme.
- No exchange for money in any form whatsoever, nor change, can be given when using points.
2. How many points must I have on my account to book with points?
- – A minimum of 2,000 points is required when booking. In all cases, points can only be used in multiples of 2,000 Le Club Accorhotels points (i.e. if you have 4,540 points on your account, you can use 4,000 points).
- – When booking via a channel other than those specified in the previous point, all the points you can use are automatically accounted for when you book, in multiples of 2,000 points (i.e. for a booking for 110 euros, if you have 5,540 points on your account, 4,000 points will be used).
- – A maximum 1,000,000 points can be used per booking.
3. What if I do not have enough points to book my stay?
You will need to use your usual means of payment to pay the outstanding balance – online or at the hotel – according to the terms of the rate booked.
4. Will I earn Le Club Accorhotels points when I book using points?
The portion of the invoice for which Le Club Accorhotels points are used does not qualify for earning points. The remaining services invoiced are eligible according to the rules defined in the programme’s General Conditions of Use.
5. Do I lose my points if I cancel or change my booking?
Your points will be re-credited to your Le Club Accorhotels account in the following cases:
- – Booking cancelled due to payment failure or refusal,
- – Booking cancelled before the date of stay for refundable and modifiable rates;
- – Booking changed and implying the use of less Le Club Accorhotels points than the initial booking, for refundable and modifiable rates (unless you have already checked in at the hotel).
- – No-show at the hotel for refundable and modifiable rates (the first night will be invoiced)
Your points will not be re-credited to your account if you request to change or cancel a booking made using a non-refundable or non-modifiable rate.