Marriott Rewards has been emailing out MegaBonus teasers today for new promotion that is valid for stays between September 15 – January 15, 2016.
The registration for the (likely personalized) bonus begins on August 19, 2015.
You can access your targeted Marriott Rewards Fall 2015 MegaBonus offer here (once it has been activated).
Here were the fall 2014 MegaBonus options:
1. Double points starting with your second stay for up to 25,000 bonus points.
(This is the base level of the promo and open for all members that have not been targeted with any of the other five below)
2. 2,500 bonus points per stay starting with your second stay for up to 25,000 bonus points.
3. 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights + additional 5,000 bonus points after 18 paid nights for total maximum bonus of 30,000 points.
4. 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights for maximum bonus of 40,000 points.
5. 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights for a maximum of 50,000 points.
6. 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + additional 2,000 bonus points for every additional paid night (max 10 nights) for total maximum bonus of 55,000 points.
Marriott Rewards took the summer off when it came to global promotion. Glad that they have something planned for the fall, however.
Seems that, based on the wording used on the email received, the free night certificates are not making their return (those were usually the best option unless you had 20+ nights).
I will have an updated post with all possible promotion options once the offers have gone live next week.