Every few months Malaysia Airlines has number of destinations on sale 20% to 50% off using Enrich miles.
The current set of discount destinations are on sale for travel until November 19, 2015 (dates may vary between destinations), that are booked by August 31.
You can access Malaysia Airlines website for this offer here.
Here are the destinations on sale:
Malaysia Airlines charges very high fuel surcharges for awards issued using Enrich miles. This means that some of these destinations make very little sense to use miles once you factor in the taxes and fees.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Enrich will be running the Digital World of Riches (Aug – Oct) 2015 Redemption Campaign (the “Promotion”) which is valid from 15 August 2015 till 31 August 2015 (the “Promotion Period”), inclusive of both dates.
- The Travel Period pursuant to this Promotion is strictly from 15 August 2015 till 19 November 2015 only (the “Travel Period”). The entire flight journey, return or otherwise, must be within the Travel Period.
- This Promotion shall not be applicable with any other promotion or offer. This Promotion is also available online and overrides the 15% normal online rebate.
- The Promotion Period will start at 00:00 on 15 August 2015, Malaysia local time (GMT +8) and will end at 23:59 on 31 August 2015, Malaysia local time (GMT +8).
- This Promotion is open to all Enrich members who have accrued the required Enrich Miles available in the respective Enrich member’s account, without any breach of the applicable Enrich terms and conditions (“Enrich Member”). The required Enrich Miles in order for the Enrich member to be eligible for this Promotion is as published in Malaysia Airlines’ website.
- Enrich Member must have sufficient Miles in their account in order to redeem flight ticket(s) (“Enrich Award”).
- Enrich Miles required to redeem an Enrich Award must be redeemed from a single Account. Enrich Miles may not be combined from multiple Accounts in order to redeem an Enrich Award.
- This Promotion is valid for one-way/return journey on Malaysia Airlines flights only from/to selected destinations as provided in the table below.
- “From/to” in this context refers to travel between two destinations, e.g. from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur and return, or Kuching to Hong Kong and return, or Taipei to Kota Kinabalu and return.
- The redemption table of the Promotion is as follows:
|South Asia & Middle East||Kuala Lumpur||Bangalore / Bombay / Colombo / Dhaka / Hyderabad / Kathmandu / Chennai||
|New Delhi /Dubai||
|ASEAN||Kuala Lumpur||Medan / Bandar Seri Begawan / Phnom Penh / Siem Reap / Yangon / Saigon / Hanoi||
|Bali / Phuket / Manila / Jakarta / Bangkok / Singapore||
|Greater China||Kuala Lumpur||Beijing / Shanghai / Xiamen||
|Hong Kong / Taipei /Guangzhou||
|Kota Kinabalu||Hong Kong / Taipei||
|Australia||Kuala Lumpur||Darwin / Perth||
|Sydney / Melbourne||
|North Asia||Kuala Lumpur||Osaka||
|Seoul / Tokyo||
- This Promotion is only applicable to Malaysia Airlines flights on Economy (L, V, S, K, M, Y, B and H), and Business (J, C and D) class only.
- Seats under this Promotion are limited and shall be given on a first come, first served basis, subject to any applicable terms and conditions, rules and regulations of Malaysia Airlines.
- This Promotion does not apply for connecting flights, e.g. Kota Kinabalu – Kuala Lumpur – Hong Kong return or Osaka – Kuala Lumpur –Colombo return. To enjoy this Promotion, flight tickets for each connecting flight must be redeemed separately. Only point-to-point redemptions are allowed.
Redemption of Tickets
- Enrich Members may redeem flight ticket(s) of Enrich Award under this Promotion during the Promotion Period only (“Redeemed Ticket”). The Redeemed Ticket shall be valid for travel within the Travel Period only. This will override any other validity period shown on any Redeemed Ticket during the sale or Travel Period.
- A Redeemed Ticket must be redeemed or issued before or on 31 August 2015, failing which the Enrich Member will be ineligible for this Promotion and the normal miles will apply. No appeals will be entertained.
- Any flight ticket redeemed or issued prior to this Promotion (before 15 August 2015) shall not be eligible for reissuance or refund for the purpose of this Promotion.
- Once a Redeemed Ticket has been processed by Malaysia Airlines under these Promotion miles, it is irrevocable and may not be cancelled or altered.
- Once a Redeemed Ticket is issued, it is deemed used even if it is not utilised on the prescribed flight date and time and Enrich Miles will be forfeited. Malaysia Airlines shall not accept any liability whatsoever (including but without limitation, liability for negligence) with respect to any Enrich Miles or Redeemed Ticket not redeemed or issued in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Enrich Member shall have no further claims whatsoever against Malaysia Airlines, including any claim for airport taxes and any surcharges paid.
- A Redeemed Ticket is non-endorsable (i.e. not to be endorsed with another airline), non-reroutable, non-transferable and non-refundable. Malaysia Airlines shall be entitled to invalidate any Redeemed Ticket if found to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, Enrich Terms and Conditions or any other applicable rules and regulations of Malaysia Airlines.
- Name change is not permitted.
Extensions, Changes and Cancellations
- A Redeemed Ticket is NOT valid for travel beyond the Travel Period. The Enrich Member will need to top up the normal miles applicable, as provided for under this Section.
- Penalties shall be applicable for the following:
- Extension: A one (1) year extension from the original date of issuance of the Redeemed Ticket will be subject to a USD60 fee. Normal miles will apply if travel is beyond the Travel Period. Additional taxes may apply.
- Changes to the date or sector:
- Change of date or sector for any unutilised Redeemed Ticket is allowed within the Promotion Period.
- For partly utilised Redeemed Ticket, only change of flight or date is allowed within the Promotion Period. Rerouting is not allowed.
- All changes are subject to a USD50 fee. Normal miles will apply if travel is beyond the Travel Period. Additional taxes may apply.
- Changes to the route or class: Change of route (irrespective of whether in the same zone) or change to a higher class for the same sector, e.g. from Economy to Business Class or Business to First Class, will be subjected to the applicable higher class under this Promotion if the Redeemed Ticket and travel date and time is redeemed within the Promotion Period. Normal miles will apply for any change to a higher class or change in routing (irrespective of whether in the same zone) after the Promotion Period. All changes are subject to a USD50 fee. Additional taxes may apply.
- Seat cancellation or no-shows: Last minute seat cancellation or no-shows within 24 hours for the Redeemed Tickets are subject to a USD80 fee. Normal miles will apply if travel is beyond the Promotion Period. Additional taxes may apply.
- The penalties above will override any other fees shown on the ticket during the sale or Travel Period.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Top-up with Enrich Express is permitted provided 70% of the required Enrich Miles is available in the Enrich Member’s account for use on the Redeemed Ticket.
- Enrich Member will not earn miles for award tickets or tickets redeemed under Cash + Miles redemption option.
- The Terms and Conditions for Cash + Miles redemption apply if Cash + Miles is used for this promotion. For the full Cash + Miles Terms and Conditions, please refer to:http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich/about-enrich/terms-and-conditions.html
- Strictly NO refund is allowed for tickets redeemed with full miles and tickets redeemed with Cash + Miles, including taxes and any surcharges collected under this 20% – 50% promotion.
- This Promotion is not valid on all or any oneworld partner flights, Enrich partner flights, MH5000/9000 series, MASwings, Firefly codesharing flights, charter flights or flights jointly operated by other airlines. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein, Malaysia Airlines shall have the right to reject any request for redemption of tickets for any reason whatsoever as it deems fit and reasonable at its sole discretion.
- Malaysia Airlines reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions or withdraw this Promotion at any time with or without prior notice. No person shall be entitled to any claim whatsoever against Malaysia Airlines.
- If any matter arises which are not covered in these Terms and Conditions, they will be determined solely by Malaysia Airlines.
- This Promotion, the utilisation of Enrich Miles and the redemption of tickets, are further subject to other standard reservations and ticketing rules and regulations including but not limited to, General Conditions of Carriage, Malaysia Airlines rules and regulations, and Enrich Terms and Conditions. Enrich Members must read these applicable standards, rules and regulations together with these Terms and Conditions. If there is any inconsistency between the applicable standards, rules and regulations and with these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- This Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia. Enrich Members agree that the Courts of Malaysia have jurisdiction over all matters arising from this Promotion.
- If Participants have any queries regarding the Promotion, please contact Malaysia Airlines (Enrich) via:
- Log in to your Enrich Online account atenrich.malaysiaairlines.com
- Contact the Malaysia Airlines Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia)
- Visit your nearest Malaysia Airlines ticketing office.