Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has another award sale for Economy & Premium Economy class travel between United States and UK that needs to be booked by September 23, 2015.
You pay 28,000 to 34,000 Flying Club miles for economy return or 44,000 to 56,000 in Premium Economy (open jaws between the routes below are eligible too) + $500 to $810 in taxes and mostly fees. The sale is valid for travel as far out as award seats have been loaded/are available.
You can access this offer on Virgin Atlantic’s website here.
Here are the eligible routes with associated fees:
It is interesting that Virgin Atlantic has raised the fuel surcharge it charges on these economy awards from the previous award sale considering that the price of the oil has collapsed. Makes very little sense.
Also, redeeming for economy awards is really a lose lose proposition with Virgin Atlantic considering the typical transatlantic fares. You end up getting very little return for your miles.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
1. Flying Club Reward flights are subject to the payment of applicable taxes, charges, fees and surcharges. The exact amount will be advised at the time of booking online or via our Contact Centres.
2. Offer valid for travel in Economy Class and Premium Economy Class only. Any existing promotion based on membership tier is excluded from the discount.
3. This offer is for full mileage reward seats only, and cannot be combined with Miles Plus Money fares.
4. CombiFares are permitted.
5. The 20% reduction in mileage offer can be booked on different routes as long as both routes are included in the promotion e.g. London – JFK and Boston to London.
6. Once the booking has been ticketed, amending the route is not permitted.
7. Date changes can be made (normal charges apply).
8. Credit card upgrades can be applied to this offer.
9. All Virgin Atlantic Reward seat travel is strictly subject to availability. Some flights may have no availability on certain routes, or on popular dates e.g. Weekends, school and public holidays.
10. Passengers are not entitled to earn Flying Club miles or tier points.
Flying Club Reward flights are subject to the payment of applicable taxes, charges, fees and surcharges. The exact amount will be advised at the time of booking either via our website or contact centre.