United Airlines has now launched a targeted promotion for trying people continue to use its p.s. Flights after moving them from New York’s JFK airport to Newark (that United still calls New York…).
You can earn bonus redeemable miles, bonus premier qualifying miles or RPUs (regional premier upgrades). You have to choose between these three options.
You can access and try to register for this offer here.
Note that there could be several varieties of this offer out there and you may be eligible to sign up only one or none of them.
The offer is only valid for business and high economy fare classes of ,A,J,C,D,Z,P,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V.
Here’s the offer that a LoyaltyLobby reader forwarded me:
United Airlines probably loses quite a bit of the p.s. traffic by moving it from JFK to EWR, although it gains more connectivity this way to/from Europe and other cities.
This is a good offer for those that fly using business/high economy fares on p.s. and can thus benefits from it.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
- Registration is required by February 15, 2016, and before ticketing.
- To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying segments between New York/Newark and Los Angeles or San Francisco within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
- Ticketing dates: September 17, 2015, through February 29, 2016.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after October 25, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
- Offer is valid on segments flown in F,A,J,C,D,Z,P,Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V fare classes.
- The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United® or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Participating members must choose one of the three offers during registration, and the selection will be applicable to all qualifying activity under this promotion and may not be changed.
- Bonus may be earned for a maximum of (A) 100,000 bonus award miles if you choose the bonus award miles offer, OR (B) ten RPU if you choose the RPU offer, OR (C) if you choose the PQM offer, 35,000 PQM between registration and December 31, 2015, and an additional 35,000 PQM between January 1, 2016, and February 29, 2016, each in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel or other awards.
- Bonus Premier qualifying segments (PQS) and bonus Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
- The offer is not valid on government fares.
- Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
- Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program for travel to qualify for this offer.
- Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account by February 29, 2016, in order to qualify for this offer.
- Bonus choice will post to your account 6-8 weeks upon completion of qualifying activity.
- E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.