Airberlin is apparently putting 40 more XL seats to long-haul planes and is offering these to Gold and Platinum members free of charge.
Airberlin is also giving these seats for the month of December to all Topbonus members at a fixed charge of 10,000 miles based on the availability in top of the economy fare.
You can access Airberlin web page for this offer here.
Note that you must contact Topbonus service center to use miles for these XL seats. This cannot be done on the AB’s website.
Could be worthwhile way to burn Topbonus miles for some comfort in Airberlin long-haul economy.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- XL seats can be booked up to and including 31 December 2015 for flights from 1 December 2015 in return for 10,000 topbonus award miles.
- Bookings in return for award miles can only be made by phone with the airberlin Service Center.
- Germany: 030 3434 3433 (local rate from a German landline) *
- Austria: 0820 400 161 (€0.12 per minute) *
- Switzerland: 0848 400 161 (CHF0.08 per minute) *
- Spain: 902 333 335 (€0.09 per minute) *
- Italy: 199 400 737 (€0.10 per minute) *
- *Charges may vary if calling from mobiles
- The promotion is valid only for long-haul flights operated by the airberlin group. Please note that XL seats can only be booked subject to availability.
- Holders of a topbonus Gold or Platinum card can still book new XL seats free of charge.
- Alternatively, you can select an XL seat either during flight booking, or later on up to 4 hours before departure under My booking » (charges apply).
- If you cancel the flight, the same rules apply as for a (paid) seat booking: the service will be refundable, provided the airberlin fare is refundable. Award miles redeemed to book an XL seat can be refunded also, subject to a service fee of €20.
- You will receive an automatic refund within two weeks in the event that you are re-seated.
- In addition to the promotion conditions, the topbonus Conditions of Membership (online: www.airberlin.com/topbonus) and the airberlin General Terms and Conditions of Carriage (online: www.airberlin.com) apply to all flight bookings in this order of precedence.