Le Club Accorhotels had interesting offer on its email advertising opportunity to convert Finnair Plus points to hotel points with a bonus.
Turns out that this is (at least as far as I can tell) basically a double Finnair Plus points promotion for all flights between October 1 – November 30, 2015, and doesn’t really require Finnair to Accor conversion.
You can access this offer on Finnair’s website here.
It is quite rare that one can convert airline miles to hotel points (usually only the other way around). This is possible with Finnair to Le Club Accorhotels, however, at 7:1 ratio.
Finnair and Accor had a similar promo previously. I guess that Finnair is trying to tap into Le Club Accorhotels European member base to take some of those long-haul flights to Asia by offering double miles (Finnair calls them points).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Registration period: 1 October–30 November 2015. You must register before your flight.
- Travel period: 1 October–30 November 2015.
- All routes operated by Finnair or Nordic Regional Airlines and marketed by Finnair are eligible for double Finnair Plus points.
- The following booking classes are eligible for double Finnair Plus points: J, C, D, I, Y, B, H, K, M, P, T, V, L, N, S, Q, O, Z, R.
- Only registered Finnair Plus members are eligible for double points. You must be a Finnair Plus member in order to earn extra Finnair Plus pointsduring the campaign.
- No-show or cancellation of booking does not qualify for double Finnair Plus points.
- Extra Finnair Plus points are award points and do not affect your tier point balance.
- The promotion does not qualify for extra Finnair Plus tier bonus points.
- Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.