Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) has launched a new initiative trying to make the online account access more secure.
SPG members that update their preferred security questions answers (4) between October 8 – 31, 2015, will receive a token amount of 150 Starpoints.
You can access the page for updating your security answers here.
READ MORE: SPG Rate & Bonus Points And Miles Promotions
Here are the security questions that you can choose from:
- What is your verbal password?
- What is your favorite Starwood hotel?
- What is your favorite vacation destination?
- Where did you go on your first flight?
- What is your favorite country to visit?
- Where did you travel on your honeymoon?
- What is your preferred airline?
- What is your preferred luggage brand?
- What language would you most like to learn?
- What is your favorite type of food?
- What is your favorite city in the world to visit?
- What is your favorite island in the world?
- What is your favorite place to ski?
- What is your favorite landmark?
- What is the location of your favorite family photo?
- What is your most prized passport stamp?
- What is your favorite spa?
- What is your first Starwood hotel visited?
- What is your favorite item to order from room service?
- What is your favorite airport?
- What is your favorite museum or attraction in the world?
Some of these questions are rather naive and easy to guess what would most answer (especially if you know their location).
The loyalty program account take overs have been an issue for the past year with Hilton HHonors and Club Carlson. The problem is that many of these programs now require so difficult passwords that they are impossible to remember without writing them down.
Personally, I don’t have simple answer for most of these question that would stay the same for months. What is my favorite island? It could be Bora Bora, Maldives, Bali, Koh Samui or any other. My favorite luggage brand? Could be Tumi or Rimowa. My favorite room service item? Club sandwich or Caesar Salad. I could go on and on.
Anyway, this is an easy way to get 150 free Starpoints. They could come handy at some point.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Bonus offer: Member can earn a onetime bonus of 150 Starpoints after selecting and answering four (4) security questions on spg.com from October 8, 2015, through October 31, 2015 (the “promotion period”).
This promotion is not transferable. Offer available to existing SPG members only (as of 10/8/15).
Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member’s account within 2–4 weeks of the close of the promotion on October 31, 2015.