IHG Rewards Club has on-going 20% to 35% off rate promotion (the baseline discount appears to be 25%) for airline staff that is valid for non-crew members too.
The airline staff rate is valid at participating InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Even and Hualuxe hotels.
You can access this offer on IHG’s website here.
Note that the terms state that you must have a valid airline ID to be qualified for this rate and it should only booked maximum of 30 days before of your stay.
This is not an airline crew rate that is ineligible for points per the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions. This should post as a qualifying stay. The terms state that this is not qualifying rate for points and thus should post as non-qualifying stay.
Here are price displays for Bangkok:
As you can see from above, all hotels have set the discount at 25%.
Most of the hotel chains offer discounts for airline staff. I have written about the Hilton’s similar offer here. It would be interesting to hear from readers how these have posted to IHG Rewards Club.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion is available to Airline Employees only for bookings made up to 30 days in advance of stay. (Special Offers may vary advance purchase)
- A maximum of 7 nights is able to be booked under this rate
- Airline employees must present employee I.D at check in to qualify
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion is available for room bookings only and not for packages or other components
- A refundable deposit equivalent to a one night stay is required at time of booking
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion rates are subject to availability and may be changed without prior notice; do not qualify to earn IHG® Reward points; may not be booked by travel agents; and are not commissionable
- Airline Employee Rate Promotion bookings will be subject to applicable taxes, fees, and other standard service charges
- The Airline Employee Rate % discount may vary based on local laws hotel locations/occupancy and blackout dates
- The Airline Employee Rate Promotion may be terminated at any time without prior notice