United Airlines is trying to sell turnaround story and have been emailing targeted offers for status match and bonus miles.
The eligible member can choose between status match offer that comes with up to 25,000 bonus miles or separate bonus miles offer that allows the member earn up to 50,000 bonus award miles.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
Here are the offers:
Note that the bonus miles offer is valid only on the following fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V. The bonus miles are dependent of the long-haul (PS or more than 3,000 miles) versus short-haul and the class of service.
Pay attention to the registration and ticketing deadlines. You have 90 days to complete the status match if that is the option that you choose.
Not sure if I buy this United turnaround story yet. They must be targeting their old elite members that may have ditched the airline in favor of more reliable and rewarding ones.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
* For the bonus award miles choice, “Longer segments” are defined as those with a scheduled distance of at least 3,000 miles or the p.s.® routes between New York/Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO). “Shorter segments” are non-p.s. routes with a scheduled distance of less than 3,000 miles. Distance determinations will be made by United Airlines® at its discretion.
- Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can participate in this promotion.
- Registration and choice of bonus is required by January 31, 2016.
- Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program to participate.
- Participating members must choose either Premier® status match challenge or bonus award miles during registration and the selection will be applicable to all qualifying activity under this promotion and may not be changed.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Service charges for ticketing with a United® representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Bonus award miles flight offer:
- To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying flights in United premium cabin fare classes F,A,J,C,D,Z,P or select United Economy® fare classes Y,B,M,E,U,H,Q and V to any destination worldwide within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
- For this offer, “Longer segments” are defined as those with a scheduled distance of at least 3,000 miles or the p.s. routes between New York/Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO). “Shorter segments” are non-p.s. routes with a scheduled distance of less than 3,000 miles. Distance determinations will be made by United Airlines at its discretion.
- Ticketing dates: October 26, 2015, to February 29, 2016.
- Travel dates: Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after November 1, 2015, and completed on or before February 29, 2016.
- The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 bonus award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
- Award tickets and tickets that are not eligible to earn award miles do not qualify for this offer.
- Bonus award miles will post to your account 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends on February 29, 2016.
Status match offer:
- Status match offer is not valid for customers who have participated in the MileagePlus or OnePass status match program within the last 5 years.
- Please allow 7-14 business days for processing after receipt of your status match request. Confirmation will be sent by email if your request is approved.
- A Premier membership card will be not issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Premier benefits on United or United Express operated flights by providing your MileagePlus account number when making reservations or at check-in. During the 90-day period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United’s partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance™ lounges.
- Through this offer, you will not be able to qualify for a higher Premier status level than the one you are matched to in MileagePlus. For example, if you are matched to Premier Silver, you will not be able to earn Premier Gold status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) in the Offer Period. However, you can reach a higher Premier status level if you meet all the published requirements for that level.
- To keep the matched status through January 31, 2017, the member will need to fly within a 90-day offer period starting on the registration date and earn the following: 7,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 8 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) to retain Premier Silver status, 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS to retain Premier Gold status and 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS to retain Premier Platinum status, on flights operated by United or United Express. Requirements for other status levels may be determined after review.
- If you are unable to complete the PQM or Premier qualifying segments (PQS) requirement within the 90-day period, your matched MileagePlus Premier status will expire and you may be returned to a lower earned Premier level, or non-Premier member status, at United’s sole discretion.
- Qualifying PQM or PQS from flight activity must be posted to your MileagePlus account in order to qualify.
- Offer valid for qualifying paid travel completed within 90 days from time of account upgrade (the “Offer Period”).
- Participation does not guarantee Premier status.
- Upon successful completion of the status match flight challenge, the registered member will earn 10,000 bonus award miles.
- Valid on flights operated by United and United Express.
- Not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify toward meeting the requirements of this offer. Offer may be earned a maximum of one time.
- Class-of-service bonus Premier qualifying miles (PQM) and Premier qualifying segments (PQS) earned from qualifying flight segments will count toward this offer; however, other bonus PQM/PQS, promotional PQM/PQS, and/or credit card PQM do not count toward this offer.
- Earned Premier Status: Customers who earn Premier status through this promotion will have their accounts updated in the system within 5-7 business days of completion and posting of required United/United Express PQM or PQS to qualify for offer received for status level matched to in MileagePlus. Membership card will arrive within 4-6 weeks thereafter. Earned Premier status is valid through January 31, 2017.
- Members who receive complimentary Premier Gold or higher status through this offer are not eligible to participate in the status match offers with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® and Marriott Rewards® through RewardsPlus.
- One-One-time bonus award miles: Upon successful completion of the status match flight challenge, the registered member will earn 10,000 bonus award miles.
- Bonus award miles may be earned for a maximum of one time in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.