Avianca LifeMiles has launched a new sale at up to 125% bonus that is valid for miles purchases between November 18 – December 18, 2015.
Last year, Avianca LifeMiles offered an additional 25% bonus for purchases made on Cyber Monday (read more here). If you are planning to buy miles, you probably should wait to see whether it returns this year as well.
You can access LifeMiles website for purchases miles here.
Note that the annual purchased limit has been raised to 375,000 miles for the duration of this promotion.
The bonus is dependent of the number of miles purchased:
The price of a miles purchased at the 150,00 level is 1.47 cents each:
I would wait until the Black Friday or Cyber Monday to see if the bonus returns for a day or two. I still have some LifeMiles left that I can stretch using the Cash + Miles option. Not in a rush to purchase more.
Difficult to get too excited about the LifeMiles considering the difficulties booking awards (mixed award not available etc.).
Here are the terms and conditions of this sale:
- The maximum miles to buy per calendar year is LM 375,000 (Including any miles purchase promotional bonus)
- Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000
- Block of LM 1,000 costs $33 USD + tax
- The miles purchased do not apply to achieve or maintain Elite Status
- The amount paid for the miles’ purchase is not refundable
- The cost per block of 1,000 LifeMiles may vary according to the channel and country of residence
- The miles are not endosable
- Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles’ Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption