United Airlines has launched an economy award promotions for flights between United States (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Europe for travel between January 11 – March 10, 2016.
You can get 25% off on award travel Monday to Thursday and 15% off on Friday to Sunday travel.
Note that this discount is not available for travel one-way. You can, however, mix and match different awards. The award booking must be done by December 8.
This is the slow season for travel between North America and Europe. You should check the paid fares also to see if this award sale would make sense on the dates and destination that you might be interested in.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on December 8, 2015.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after January 11, 2016, and completed on or before March 10, 2016.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Europe.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- For travel on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, there is a 25 percent discount.
- For travel on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, there is a 15 percent discount.
- One discount may be applied to the outbound portion of a roundtrip itinerary and the other discount may be applied to the return portion. For example, a member can travel on a Monday to receive 25 percent off for the outbound portion of a roundtrip itinerary and travel on a Saturday to receive 15 percent off for the return portion, or vice versa.
- The discounted Saver Award is available to all MileagePlus members.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage services charges and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per roundtrip; September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government-defined stopover, for awards for air transportation originating at an airport in the U.S.; U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (takeoff and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.70 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.50 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2015. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel, visit united.com/awards. Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.