Hilton HHonors launched unexpectedly a status match campaign to its Gold and Diamond statuses last week (read more here) and will continue entertain requests until January 11, 2016.
Hilton used to do straight matches in the past, but has mainly offered fast track offers as of late (they have done straight matches too but not “officially”). The status earned from this match is valid until March 2017.
You can read more about Hilton Gold and Diamond status here.
Here’s what Hilton wrote last week:
We’re winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program…
We’ve been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we’d love to be your travel home.
- We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you’re all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You’ll enjoy that status through March 2017.
- All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.
- Email us at HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com and we’ll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.
Here’s what they wrote back:
We’re on it! But we may need some more information from you…
We’re excited to honor your status and offer our elite benefits to even more members like you. If you have not already done so, please reply to this email with the following information:
- Your Hilton HHonors account number. If you’re not yet a member, you’ll need to sign up first.
- Proof of status with another hotel loyalty program. This can be a screenshot of your current account status or your membership card. We accept jpg files, word documents & PDFs.
Please do NOT send us any personal information (including your phone number, address, social security number, date of birth, user name, passwords, or credit card information).
Once your Hilton HHonors elite status has been honored, you’ll have it through March 31, 2017. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S., please allow up to 5 business days for your information to be processed.
We’ll be in touch soon!
The Hilton HHonors Team
There is no information what exactly they match, but (as I pointed out last week) I would expect top tier Hyatt, IHG, Marriott and Starwood to get Hilton HHonors Diamond status and all others Gold.
It would be great if a reader would drop me an email when their Diamond match has been processed or informed of non-eligibility. I will have another update at the time.
Here Hilton HHonors promises to get back within 5 business days regarding this match. That should by by tomorrow or Wednesday for those that got their information in at the time I wrote about this match.