Hyatt Gold Passport just sent out an email to its loyalty program members informing them about downtime in December 15 – 18, 2015, that will affect the program.
You cannot redeem awards, apply upgrades or to do anything else besides making paid bookings during this timeframe.
Here’s the email that Hyatt sent out:
We know how important it is to have up-to-date Hyatt Gold Passport account information. So, we wanted to let you know that from December 15 to December 18, 2015 we will be undergoing system maintenance and your account information will not be accessible during this time. How does this affect you?
What you’re able to do:
- Earn points and stay/night credit toward tier status for all eligible stays
- Earn points for eligible dining and spa services
- Book paid reservations
What you’re unable to do:
- Cannot access your account information, including point balance and promotional awards, either online or by calling Hyatt in your region
- Cannot redeem new promotional awards or points for free nights, room upgrades, or miles
- Cannot purchase or combine points
Any account activity accrued after December 12, 2015 will not be reflected on your account until the week of December 28, 2015. You can be assured that any points earned during this time will be credited to your account. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
We don’t want you to miss out, so if you’re planning an upcoming trip using your points or awards, start exploring and book today.
Hyatt’s website has been the most problem plagued of all the hotel programs that I have used over the years. Every week, the website is down for hours at a time for “system maintenance” during US business hours that make no sense at all.
Let’s hope that this system upgrade that Hyatt does will fix the broken website. It is just weird that a “system maintenance” can take three days and account information is basically down for 16 days.