IHG Rewards Club made the full PointBreaks preview list (sometimes there are last minute changes) available earlier today (read more here) that will become available for reservations tomorrow.
PointBreaks hotels are available for just 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night regardless what the usual point requirements are.
You can access IHG’s web page for PointBreaks hotels here.
You can access IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks page here (note that IHG won’t update this list before sometime tomorrow hours after they have gone live for bookings). You can book them, however, using the links on my post (access here).
Here are some things that you should consider when booking PointBreaks hotels:
- You are only allowed to make two reservations for PointBreaks per each hotel according to the terms and conditions. Each of the reservations can be for as many days as you want or the award availability exists.
- The booking window usually opens sometime between 8AM to 10AM EDT (tomorrow), although last time they went live in the afternoon. We will have an update once the booking has gone live. Some hotels may not be immediately bookable at the lower points level, however.
- You should be firm on the dates, as you can no longer modify the reservation(s) once the hotel has dropped off from the PointBreaks list or the award inventory is gone. You can usually shorten your stay and get the points back for the nights you didn’t use, however.
- Once the PointBreaks allocation has been used, the hotel will become available for awards at their usual point requirements level.
- The hotel cannot see what kind of award you used. They get the same reimbursement for PointBreaks as they get for regular award nights.
- PointBreaks book into the same award inventory as point based ones. If there are no points awards available now, there won’t be PointBreaks either unless someone cancels their reservation.
- The more popular PointBreaks hotels tend to get their award inventory exhausted within couple of hours after going live. You should carefully plan in advance what you would like to book
The Crowne Plaza Vilnius is a good choice for many European and I do expect the Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit Soi 11 to get its award inventory depleted fast.
We will have a post up tomorrow and the daily blog broadcast to go out immediately after these PointBreaks hotels have become available for bookings.