Airberlin has launched a new 50% off award discount promotion for new members that join by March 31, 2016.
The 50% off award is for one-way flight on Airberlin or NIKI that is ticketed and flown by December 31, 2016. Airberlin will credit half of the miles used back to member’s account.
You can access and sign up for this offer here.
I guess that you could sign up and convert hotel or other points to Topbonus points and then redeem for an award. The only question is what to do with the miles that are credited back to your account later.
You also have to remember that Airberlin charges rather high fuel surcharges for awards issued on its own flights. Only expensive destinations or business class mostly make sense.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- As part of the “Mileage discount” new member promotion topbonus members will receive a 50% credit of miles for their first airberlin (one-way) award flight. The miles will be credited to the member’s account.
- Participation in the “Mileage discount” promotion is open to all new members who sign up to the topbonus programme on or between 1st January 2016 and 31st March 2016. Members registering outside this period or those who were already members last year are not permitted to participate. Customers may register either by clicking on the link on this landing page or by completing the form on the promotion flyer. Registration for the topbonus programme and participation in the “Mileage discount” promotion are free of charge.
- Participants must have accrued in their account the full number of miles for the award flight.
- The member’s topbonus number must be quoted on booking.
- The travel date for the award flight must be on or between 1st January 2016 and 31st December 2016. The flight date is decisive.
- The award miles will be credited within 8 weeks following the date of the award flight.
- This promotion is valid only for award flights marketed and operated by airberlin (AB code) or NIKI (HG code). Charter flights (including airberlin holidays) do not qualify.
- The award flights must be for the topbonus member in person. Award flights booked for a third party do not qualify for this promotion.
- If multiple award flights are booked simultaneously the credit will be given for the first one-way award flight flown.
- No credit of miles will be made in the event of a cancellation or no-show. No credit of miles will be made if the award flight is rescheduled for a date after 31st December 2016. In the event that the member does not fly on a qualifying award flight in the time period of 1st January 2016 to 31stDecember 2016 no credit of miles will be made as part of this new member promotion.
- In addition to the promotion terms and conditions, topbonus general terms and conditions (viewable at www.airberlin.com/topbonus) and airberlin’s general terms and conditions of carriage (viewable at www.airberlin.com) also apply in the order stated.