United Airlines has launched a double MileagePlus promotion for flights between the US and Belfast in Northern Ireland.
The offer is valid for flights between February 9 – March 31, 2016, that are ticketed February 8 – 22.
You can access and register for this offer here.
Note that you only earn bonus miles for flights between Newark and Belfast. Connecting flights are not included. The eligible fare classes are J, C, D, Z, and P. It seems that the MileagePlus account must be registered in the UK or US to be eligible for this offer.
Some bonus miles that are going to/from Belfast this winter. Have not been to this city in Northern Ireland and it has been on my to do list already for a while.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is valid for MileagePlus® members residing in the USA or UK.
- Offer is valid for tickets purchased between February 8, 2016, and February 22, 2016. Travel must begin between February 9, 2016, and March 31, 2016. Return travel must be completed on or before April 10, 2016.
- Registration on united.com is required before ticketing.
- On paid qualifying segments, members can earn double miles for the qualifying portion of the fare purchased, as shown in the table above.
- Eligible fare classes are J, C, D, Z, and P.
- Connections are allowed. However, the bonus is only valid for travel between New York/Newark (EWR) and Belfast (BFS).
- You can earn the bonus an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.
- Offer is only valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United Airlines and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Bonus is not combinable with other offers.
- Award tickets and other tickets that are not eligible to earn miles do not qualify for this offer.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Offer is valid for tickets purchased through united.com, our reservation center or United Airlines city ticket offices. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.