Le Club AccorHotels Platinum members have been eligible for lounge access at properties that have them since the status benefits were spiced up back in 2013 (read more here).
There has been, however, an issue with Sofitel hotels in Australia that were excluded from this benefit due to reason that I simply cannot understand. This has been now fixed. Effective today (February 26, 2016) Platinum lounge benefit includes also hotels in Australia.
You can access Le Club AccorHotels web page for this announcement here.
Here’s the update:
Members are also eligible for 1,000 bonus points and full breakfast at restaurant if the lounge is closed for some reason. The lounge and breakfast benefit are for the Platinum member and one guest in the same room.
This is really welcomed change. All other major hotel loyalty programs (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott & Starwood) have had lounge access as part of the benefit package (Ritz-Carlton lounges excluded for Marriott Platinums).
Also, it is good that they are now offering bonus points and restaurant breakfast in case that the lounge is closed.
I have also faced the issue when some property has claimed that the lounge benefit is only for the Platinum member and not for the second guest staying with him/her. Le Club AccorHotels has now clarified that one guest staying with the member is eligible for the access.
Here are the terms and conditions of the lounge benefit:
1. General Le Club AccorHotels terms and conditions apply and you must be Le Club AccorHotels Platinum member to benefit from it.
2. The Club Sofitel Lounge access benefit in Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, Sofitel Brisbane Central and Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is valid from 26 February 2016 to unlimited.
3. To receive your Le Club AccorHotels benefit of complimentary access to Club Sofitel and Executive Lounges, as well as all other benefits, you must make your booking on AccorHotels.com, our participating brands websites and applications and via AccorHotels Call Centres. All other reservation channels are not eligible.
4. You must provide your Le Club AccorHotels Loyalty card number when making your reservation, and present your card at the hotel reception desk when you check-in for your stay.
5. Access is valid for Le Club AccorHotels Platinum members and one (1) guest staying in the same room only at existing lounges in Sofitel and Pullman Hotels in Australia.
6. If the existing lounge in Australia is unavailable or closed, the member will be offered free full buffet breakfast (member and 1 guest in same room) and 1,000 Le Club AccorHotels Courtesy Points.