Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) has launched Get In The Game sweepstakes with Major League Baseball.
SPG members can win Starpoints, Amazon gift cards, and pair of tickets to MLB World Series. You can try your luck daily.
You can access Get In The Game on SPG’s website here.
READ MORE: SPG Rate & Bonus Points And Miles Promotions
Note that these sweepstakes are available for SPG members in the following countries:
United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Vietnam
Here are the prizes:
MLB (Major League Baseball) is probably trying to get their game in front of younger and different audience that they tend to attract.
I didn’t win anything (as is the usual case with these sweepstakes) but maybe you have better luck.
Here are the terms and conditions:
The Starwood Preferred Guest Get in the Game with SPG®
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: Get in the Game with SPG® (the “Game”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Vietnam who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of entry and are a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program (“SPG”) and at all subsequent times throughout the Game Period. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside] and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Starwood, Administrator, the MLB Entities and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and all other companies associated with the Game, are not eligible to participate or win. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM” or “MLB.com”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. Void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. SPONSOR: The Game is sponsored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., One StarPoint, Stamford, CT 06902 (the “Sponsor” or “Starwood”). The Game is administered by Interactive Games, 420 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul MN 55102 (“Administrator”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Game constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. GAME PERIOD: The Game is scheduled for play starting March 3, 2016, 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends March 18, 2016, 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (the “Game Period”). Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Game. Entries submitted prior to or after the Game Period will not be valid.
5. HOW TO PLAY THE INSTANT WIN PORTION OF THE GAME:
- To Participate: You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Game Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program is free. Nonmembers who would like to participate must enroll in the SPG program online at www.spg.com/join and complete the SPG program enrollment form.
- To Play: Visit www.spg.com/getinthegame and follow the instructions:
- Log in with your SPG number or User Name and Password.
- Player will be presented Game play instructions:
- Pick teams.
- Select a pitch type. Up to four (4) pitch type selections per Play.
- Game automatically swings for player. Up to three (3) swings provided per Play.
- Game play concludes after three (3) swings or if Game indicates an Instant Win Prize (the foregoing collectively constitutes one (1) “Play”).
- LIMIT: One (1) Play, per person, per day, during the Game Period.
- Grand Prize Entry: Each Play automatically earns one (1) entry into the Grand Prize random drawing.
- Game Prizes and Fulfillment: See Section #8, Instant Win Game Prize(s) and Grand Prize below.
Sponsor and the MLB Entities are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; or other connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Game entry process. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Game will be conducted, on Sponsor’s behalf by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions as to the administration of the Game and the selection of the potential winners are final.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNER(S):
- The Game: The Game Period is randomly seeded with winning time tags. Each Play that occurs throughout the Game Period will be stamped based upon the exact date/time of day the Play was completed (“Time Stamped”), and then recorded in Sponsor’s “Game Database.” The Time Stamp of the Play will determine the first Play recorded after a scheduled winning tag. A registered entry Time Stamped immediately after a scheduled winning tag time will be identified as a potential winner of Instant Wine Prize indicated in accordance with these Official Rules. LIMIT: One (1) Instant Win Prize per person, per day, during Game Period.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNER(S) ARE, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES, ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GAME. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME DEVICE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL AFFIRMED BY SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT EVIDENCE, INCLUDING SCREEN SHOT, OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
- Grand Prize Winner Drawing: Potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about March 22, 2016, from among all eligible entries received during the Game Period. The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf in St. Paul, MN by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration of the Game and the selection of the potential Grand Prize winner is final. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, the potential Grand Prize winner will be declared the official Grand Prize winner of the Game. The Administrator will attempt to notify the potential Grand Prize winner via email or phone within two (2) days of the drawing. If the potential Grand Prize winner does not respond within twenty-four hours after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential Grand Prize winner in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE CLAIM AND VERIFICATION: Potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within three (3) days of notification. If the documents are not returned in a timely manner, or if potential winner is found not to have complied with these Official Rules, failed to provide accurate entry submission information, is ineligible for any reason, or declines the Prize for any reason, the Prize may be forfeited. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification and submit to a background check, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in order to receive Prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner is a Canadian resident, potential winner must successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Failure to successfully answer the question as stated will cause the Grand Prize to be forfeited. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any entry does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules or any other applicable regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner responsible for such entry.
8. PRIZES: One Thousand Three Hundred Sixty (1,360) Instant Win Game prize(s) (each, an “Instant Win Prize” and collectively, the “Instant Win Prizes”) to be awarded as set forth below:
Instant Win Prize
Single Hit 425 1000 Starpoints $25.00 Double Hit (Non US) 255 5000 Starpoints $125.00 Double Hit (US Only)** 510 Amazon Gift Card $50.00 Triple Hit 85 10,000 Starpoints $250.00 Triple Hit (US Only)** 51 MLB.TV Premium Subscription $109.99 Home Run 34 20,000 Starpoints $500.00
*Approximate Retail Value
**Prize only available to winners who reside in the fifty United States.
Instant Win Game Prize Fulfillment and Conditions:
- Starpoints Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three weeks from the Game Period end date. Use and expiration of Starpoints is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG.
- Gift Card Award will be mailed to member within three (3) weeks from the Game Period end date.
- MLB.TV Premium subscription is valid for the 2016 Major League Baseball season and is subject to blackout and other restrictions. Visit http://www.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions for details. MLB.TV Premium subscription must be redeemed by April 30, 2016, or prize will be forfeited. Not valid for previously purchased subscriptions. MLB.TV Premium subscription, awarded as a prize, may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and Instant Win Prize forfeiture.
- Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded two (2) tickets for game one (1) of the 2016 Major League Baseball® World Series® (the “Grand Prize” and together with the Instant Win Prizes, the “Prizes”). ARV of the Grand Prize: $1000.00. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE GAME VENUE NOT INCLUDED. Exact game date and seat locations at the game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Grand Prize winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the Grand Prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the Grand Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the Grand Prize winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and Grand Prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event or exhibition ticket(s).
Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. No exchanges or substitutions allowed. The Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor at their sole discretion. All expenses not specified are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Game and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees and the MLB Entities an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your name, signature, likeness, photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that the Sponsor may take of you or your designated guest, if you are a winner (in their sole discretion), in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to, website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You or your designated guest shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
10. PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in this Game, and by providing this information, you authorize Starwood to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Starwood business-related purposes; to store your information at and transmit it to various locations throughout the world, either directly or through third-party vendors, whether within your country of residence, the United States, or elsewhere. To learn more about our data collection and usage practices, please see our Privacy Statement at starwoodhotels.com.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Game is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to typographical errors, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Game to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Game to address the impairment and then resume the Game in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Grand Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Game, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize (or any portion thereof), and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Game, entrants and their designated guests agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, the MLB Entities, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Game (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Game, or receipt or use of any Prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Game; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Game or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Game or acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Game, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any Prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Game or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. GAME RESULTS: To find out the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (U.S. residents only) by April 11, 2016, to: Get in the Game with SPG Winner, 420 Summit Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55102 USA.
The Game is in no way sponsored, administered, produced or executed by any MLB Entity.