U.S Travel Association’s Daily Getaways third week is about to start later today (1 PM ET). I’ll have one weekly post covering the offers that I find worthwhile.
Daily Getaways allows you to purchase loyalty program points often at discount and outside of the yearly maximums that the programs usually set.
You can access Daily Getaways here.
Note that if you are using credit card issued outside of the United States, the transaction may or may not go through. There is no harm trying, however. These sales go live at 1PM ET.
Hilton HHonors April 20, 2016
(access Hilton HHonors here)
– 100,000 Hilton HHonors points for $500 – 160 available – 0.5 cents per point (max 1)
– 150,000 Hilton HHonors points for $750 – 200 available – 0.5 cents per point (max 1)
– 250,000 Hilton HHonors points for $1250 – 200 available – 0.5 cents per point (max 1)
You can use Hilton HHonors points for awards or Cash + Points. Generally it only makes sense to buy Hilton HHonors points if you use them for inexpensive or very expensive hotels.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards April 22, 2016
(access Hertz here)
– 5,500 Hertz points for $250 – 45 available – 2.7 cents per point (max 1)
– 16,500 Hertz points for $698 – 50 available – 4.23 cents per point (max 1)
– 13,200 Hertz points for $560 – 34 available – 4.24 cents per point (max 1)
This is the cheapest price that you can purchase Hilton HHonors points. There is 100% bonus starting for regular point purchases on Thursday (April 21) once this Daily Getaways one is over. The price is basically the same.
Buying Hertz points could perhaps makes sense but I would take a pass on the offer.