United Airlines has launched new targeted MileagePlus promotion for bonus miles based on the number of PQD that you earn.
The promotion is valid for tickets issued and flown between April 19 – September 4, 2016. The offers are personalized based on your history with the airlines.
You can access this promotion here.
There are quite a few good offers that MileagePlus members have received and posted on a FlyerTalk thread (access here). My lifetime Premier Gold account was not eligible for this.
Here are the terms and conditions:
For this promotion bonus award miles will be awarded for each Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) threshold that has been met, subject to the terms below. Threshold bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don’t reach a certain threshold. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by MileagePlus in its discretion and considered final.
- Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
- Earning of PQDs is subject to the terms and conditions found here. Not all PQDs will qualify for this offer.
- To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register and then earn eligible Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) in accordance with the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
- Registration is required by July 6, 2016. Only PQDs earned in connection with tickets purchased or Economy Plus purchases made after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
- Ticketing dates: April 19, 2016 through September 4, 2016.
- Only PQDs earned for qualifying travel beginning on or after April 19, 2016, and completed on or before September 4, 2016 will qualify.
- For this offer, only PQDs earned on eligible flights operated by United and United Express and PQDs earned for eligible Economy Plus® purchases will qualify. PQDs earned on flights operated by a Star Alliance or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with “016”) will not qualify for this offer, but will count toward Premier status qualification.
- PQDs earned through this promotion will count toward MileagePlus® Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on September 4, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes and Economy Plus purchases, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
- E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.