United Airlines has launched sweepstakes to celebrate getting through (or may be not) 90 years.
United is giving 90,000 miles for 90 people that plug their MP number, name and email address on web form by April 25.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
Note that this is only available for MileagePlus members who have their account address in the US 50 states of DC.
Doesn’t take more than 10 seconds to participate and you have a small chance to win 90,000 miles.
United Airlines went through bankruptcy twice in the 2000’s and new company took over each time. You could always argue that there hasn’t been continuous 90 year history behind the current airline or company.
Here are the official terms and conditions:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR ENTRY BY LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON D.C. (“D.C.”) WHO ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE 50 UNTED STATES OR D.C. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE (SEE RULE 1, BELOW) AND LOCATED WITHIN THE U.S./D.C. AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The United Airlines at 90 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on April 18, 2016, and is scheduled to end at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on April 25, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor or Administrator (as defined in Rule 2, below), which shall be final and binding on you in all respects.
- 1.ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska). Employees, officers and directors of United Airlines, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Wunderman, LLC (“Administrator”), any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, Sweepstakes material suppliers, promotion or media partners, printer(s) of Sweepstakes materials or advertising, promotion or other coordinating agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of the immediate families (including spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, or spouse of any of the foregoing, regardless of where they reside, and in-laws), or households of any of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited by law.
- 3.RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about April 26, 2016, to select ninety (90) winners from among all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The drawings will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period.
- 4.PRIZES: Ninety (90) Prizes Available. Each winner will receive 90,000 United MileagePlus® award miles deposited into their United MileagePlus® account*. (See details of prize delivery below.) The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $1,000.
Total ARV of all prizes is $90,000. All prizes will be claimed provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
Winners will be notified via email on or about April 27, 2016. Potential winners are subject to verification, including but not limited to verification of age. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit his/her prize Winners may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) (where permitted) within seven (7) days of date printed on prize notification or prize may be forfeited. Failure to provide all required information and signature on the Affidavit, will result in forfeiture of rights to be declared a prize winner and/or receive prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the forfeited prize to an alternate participant selected in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address of participants subsequent to entering the Sweepstakes.
In order to accept a prize, winner must be a member of the United MileagePlus® program. *If a winner is not a member of the United MileagePlus® program, s/he may sign up for free at time of prize notification. Upon receipt and verification of each winner’s Affidavit and United MileagePlus® program membership, winner will be notified via email or overnight mail regarding the specific delivery details of the deposit of the 90,000 United MileagePlus® award miles into winner’s account. All federal, state, and local income taxes on the prizes and all other related costs not specifically outlined in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number, for tax reporting purposes, before any prize can be awarded. Each winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, sold, auctioned or redeemed for cash or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes or is unavailable for any reason. United MileagePlus® award miles are subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions of the United MileagePlus® program. By accepting prize, winner agrees to abide by and be bound by all such terms, conditions and restrictions. All details of the United MileagePlus® program may be found at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/default.aspx, and each winner should review such details prior to accepting a prize.
- 5.OTHER CONDITIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promotional Entities (as defined in Rule 1, above) from and against any and all claims and liability for any injuries, including but not limited to personal injury, death, loss or damage of any kind, including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use and or misuse of a prize or participation in prize-related activities, if applicable (including but not limited to travel related thereto), or claims based on right of publicity/right of privacy or defamation. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Each winner shall bear all risk of loss to his/her prize after it has been delivered to him/her.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, inaccurate, delayed, damaged, stolen, garbled, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries;(b) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors (including but not limited to technical and human errors), omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) failed or unavailable hardware or software, or damage to any person’s computer; (d) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (e) any entry made in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (f) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (g) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize winners; or (h) cheating or fraud by any participant.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, social media mandate, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, as determined by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Promotion Period, then Sponsor may select winners via a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time/date of termination. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at www.unitedat90sweeps.com. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
All potential winning Sweepstakes entries are subject to verification by Administrator, an independent judging organization, before any prize is awarded. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judging organization are final, binding and conclusive in all matters. No more than the intended number of prizes as outlined in these Official Rules will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, each winner grants the Sponsor the right to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photograph and/or videotaped/filmed image), biographical information, and voice in commerce and in all media worldwide, including but not limited to the Internet, for advertising/publicity/trade purposes without additional compensation, notice or approval, and winner hereby disclaims any ownership rights of such advertising/publicity/trade material, except where prohibited by law.
- 6.DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE APPLICABLE PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- 7.GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth above and/or are for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in Cook County, Illinois.
- 8.OTHER CONDITIONS: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials or the Sponsor’s website, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- 9.WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: United Airlines at 90 Sweepstakes Winners List Request, P.O. Box 834, Lombard, IL 60148-0834. Winners Lists will be sent when the Sweepstakes is over and the prizes have been awarded. Requests for Winners Lists must be received by May 31, 2016.
- 10.SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by United Airlines, Inc., 233 S. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606 (“Sponsor”).