Qatar Airways Privilege Club Globetrotter promotion that awards you bonus miles and badges for visiting select destinations in specific time frames will return for May 2016 – March 2017.
You can earn 100,000 bonus Qmiles and tier upgrade (or additional 50,000 bonus if Platinum) for collecting all the four badges. Members that completed the previous Globetrotter campaign will earn bonus too.
You can access and sign up for the new Globetrotter promotion here.
Globetrotter 2016 – 2017 Rewards
Platinum members that collect all the four badges and don’t need the tier retention can earn 150,000 bonus miles from the badges
Bonus for 2015 – 2016 Participants
Those that took part on the first Globetrotter campaign and earned badges, can earn additional bonus miles.
Globetrotter 2016 – 2017 Themes
Unlike with the previous campaign there are no overlapping periods this time around.
You can also earn bonus miles for economy and business class flights from DOHA to select destinations.
You need to plan more carefully this year if you are planning to complete the campaign as there are no overlapping periods.
You can, however, still complete two badges on one trip as long as you utilize open jaws and make sure that the dates work.
You have to make sure that you are flying to any of the themed destinations FROM Doha during the promo period (flying to DOHA wouldn’t count per the FAQs).
Here are the frequently asked questions by Qatar Airways about this promotion:
– Is Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign open to all members worldwide?
The campaign is open to all Privilege Club main members worldwide.
– Are family members eligible?
Members with “Family member” status are not eligible for the Globetrotter campaign. To participate and benefit from the Globetrotters campaign member needs to hold a main member status.
– Are redemption tickets to theme destinations eligible for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges?
Award tickets to destinations across the four themes (Adventurous Getaway, Metropolitan Excursions, Culinary Journeys and Cultural Exploration) are not eligible for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges. Only revenue (paid) tickets to theme destinations are eligible for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges.
– Does all the travel during the Globetrotter campaign have to be on Qatar Airways?
Globetrotter campaign is valid only on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways to any of the theme destinations. Travel on oneworld airlines or partner airlines will not be considered for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges during the Globetrotter campaign.
– Can I travel on oneworld airlines or partner airlines to be eligible for the Globetrotter campaign?
Travel on oneworld airlines or partner airlines will not be considered for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges during the Globetrotter campaign. To be eligible for this campaign, a member should travel on Qatar Airways to any of the theme destinations during each theme’s offer period. Flights should either transit via or originate from Doha to be eligible.
– Will I be eligible for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges should my travel be re-routed?
Provided your original booking is on Qatar Airways, you will be eligible for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges when you travel to at least one theme destination during each theme’s offer period. Flights should either transit via or originate from Doha to be eligible.
– Is a return trip or one way from Doha to a theme destination required to be eligible for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges?
A return trip is not required as bonus Qmiles will be credited only for the outbound journey (transiting via/originating from Doha to the theme destination) and not for the return journey (destination to/via Doha).
– Is it possible to do one ticket with two open jaws and still be eligible for bonus Qmiles/special travel badges?
An open jaw ticket is eligible for bonus Qmiles and special travel badge(s) provided travel to theme destination is transiting via or originating from Doha, falls within the theme’s offer period.
-Will Qatar Airways flights that do not transit or originate via Doha be eligible for bonus Qmiles or travel badge?
Qatar Airways flights between the following routes are excluded from the Globetrotter campaign:
Baku – Tbilisi, Bangkok – Hanoi, Bangkok – Ho Chi Minh, Bucharest – Sofia, Budapest – Zagreb, Kigali – Entebbe, Phnom Penh – Ho Chi Minh, Sao Paulo – Buenos Aires and Singapore – Denpasar (Bali);
– At what point during my journey will I earn bonus Qmiles?
Bonus Qmiles will be credited for outbound journey transiting via or originating from Doha to theme destination. Qmiles will be credited automatically soon after the eligible sector is flown.
– If I travel to two destinations in a theme, will I earn bonus Qmiles for each destination plus two special badges?
Bonus Qmiles will be credited for outbound journey transiting via or originating from Doha to any theme destination. Provided each of your journeys transits via or originates from Doha to the two eligible destinations in the theme, you would earn bonus Qmiles for both journeys. For participating in the theme, you will earn only one special travel badge at the end of that theme.
– Will bonus Qmiles be earned per segment or for the entire trip during the Globetrotter campaign?
Bonus Qmiles will be earned per sector for travel outbound Doha (transiting via or originating from Doha) to theme destinations.
– Do promotional tickets qualify for bonus Qmiles and special travel badges?
All revenue (paid) ticket types qualify to earn bonus Qmiles from the campaign, provided you register for the Globetrotter campaign and travel to at least one of the destinations in each theme during that theme’s offer period. Flights should either transit via or originate from Doha to be eligible.
– I have participated in Globetrotter 2015 and earned theme badges. How will I benefit more in Globetrotter 2016?
Members who have participated in Globetrotter 2015 will receive additional bonus Qmiles for each badge earned in Globetrotter 2016. Members who have earned 1 or 2 badges can earn 5,000 Qmiles more per badge they earn in Globetrotter 2016 while members who have earned 3 or 4 badges can earn 10,000 Qmiles more per badge earned in Globetrotter 2016.
– When shall I receive registration bonus?
One-time registration bonus of 250 Qmiles will be credited to member’s account at the end of each theme.
– How many badges will I earn if I travel to more than one destination in a theme?
One special travel badge is awarded per theme irrespective of how many destinations in a theme you travel to, however the bonus Qmiles are awarded for each eligible flight to the theme destination
– At what time during the Globetrotter campaign will I earn 100,000 bonus Qmiles and single tier upgrade?
Members who earn all 4 special travel badges for participating in all the four theme campaigns (Adventurous Getaway, Metropolitan Excursions Culinary Journeys and Cultural Exploration) will be automatically eligible for 100,000 bonus Qmiles and single tier upgrade by the end of the Globetrotter campaign.
– I am already a Platinum member thus how will I benefit more than other tier members, if I earn 4 badges in Globetrotter campaign?
Platinum members who won all 4 badges in Globetrotter 2016 -2017 shall earn 100,000 Qmiles. In addition, they shall have option of either accepting one year extension to tier validity (from end of current tier expiry date) or they shall be offered additional 50,000 Qmiles.