United Airlines has launched new flash sale campaign for buying MileagePlus miles at up to 100% bonus but only for four days (May 24 – 27, 2016) that is open for all members.
United Airlines has promotions pretty much every month for buying miles, but they all max at 100% bonus or at 50% discount (same price really but the 100% bonus is better offer if you need lots of miles).
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
The Price For Buying Maximum Number:
The price of a mile at the 100% bonus level is 1.88 cents each.
Does it make sense to purchase United miles?
If you use them for international business or first class tickets between expensive city pairs, then the answer is likely yes.
Sebastian just wrote about this United award ticket success to Australia from Asia that was only 40,000 miles in combined business/first (read more here).
This is the lowest price that United Airlines has sold MileagePlus miles as far as I have covered these sales. If you need the maximum number of miles, these 100% bonus sales are obviously better than the 50% off discount ones.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on May 27, 2016.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 75,000 miles.
- Bonus Miles will be credited to the recipient’s account when the transaction is complete.
- Bonus miles count towards the 150,000 mile annual limit per account.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.