United Airlines has sent out targeted offers to MileagePlus members offering them bonus miles based on the dollar spent.
The promotion is valid for flights that are ticketed after registering for this offer and flown between May 25 – November 30, 2016.
You can check your targeted offer on United’s website here.
Here’s the email from United:
Here’s my offer:
As you can see, these offers are staggered and you can earn miles in three steps depending on the number of $$$ spent with the airline. Just remember that only the base fare + fuel surcharge apply. Taxes are excluded.
First time for a long time my account was eligible for this offer as well, although I have not received an email from United about it. I could get 40,000 bonus United MileagePlus miles for spending $2,000 with the united over the May 25 – November 30-period.
This would mean 20 bonus miles per USD. I would calculate this being 36% to 40% rebate not taking into account all the other miles you would earn.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
For this promotion, only dollars spent on the “fare” on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with “016”) will not qualify for this offer. The “fare” is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.
† For this promotion bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending threshold that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Threshold bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don’t reach a certain threshold. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by MileagePlus in its discretion and considered final.
- Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
- Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
- Ticketing dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
- Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
- E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.