United Airlines has launched new campaign for buying MileagePlus miles at up to 60% bonus (for my account).
United Airlines has promotions pretty much every month for buying miles, but they all max at 100% bonus or at 50% discount (same price really but the 100% bonus is better offer if you need lots of miles).
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
The Price For Buying Maximum Number At 60% Bonus:
The price of a mile at the 60% bonus level is 2.35 cents each.
Does it make sense to purchase United miles?
If you use them for international business or first class tickets between expensive city pairs, then the answer is likely yes.
Sebastian recently wrote about his United award ticket success to Australia from Asia that was only 40,000 miles in combined business/first (read more here).
United Airlines likely have personalized offers with variable bonus amounts. if you wait, your account will be eligible for 50% discount or 100% bonus for buying miles (one offer just ended).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CDT on June 13, 2016.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 93,000 miles.
- Bonus Miles will be credited to the recipient’s account when the transaction is complete.
- Bonus miles count towards the 150,000 mile annual limit per account.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.