Avianca LifeMiles is trying to get members to convert hotel points to miles between June 1 – 30, 2016.
LifeMiles members can get 25% conversion bonus for converting IHG Rewards Club. Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors and Le Club AccorHotels points to miles.
The conversion rates depend from hotel loylty program to program. Generally it doesn’t make sense to convert hotel loyalty programs to airline miles. I do that, however, with Marriott Rewards by issuing Travel Packages with airline component build in. You can read more about Marriott Travel Packages here.
Avianca LifeMiles wants to get $$$$ in from hotel loyalty programs and issues 25% bonus for members in the process.
If you have been planning to convert from these four programs to LifeMiles, it makes sense to do while they are offering a bonus.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- This Promotion is valid only to transfer points or miles from participating partners to miles of the LifeMiles program from June 1st to June 30th of 2016.
- LifeMiles grants a 25% bonus on the points of the participating partners transferred to LifeMiles, which is calculated on the transfer LifeMiles received in the member’s account. This bonus applies exclusively to participating partners.
- Some participating partners grant additional bonuses. These bonuses are added to the bonus of 25% granted by LifeMiles and is calculated on the LifeMiles received in the transfer to the member’s account.
- Promotion valid dates for BBVA Continental of Peru: Offer valid from June 01st to June 30th, 2016 or while promotion supplies of 7’000,000 Puntos Vida last, whichever occurs first
- The full list of participating partners in this promotion and the list of participating partners that offer additional bonuses can be found in www.LifeMiles.com. Each member is responsible for checking if the participant partner is involved in the promotion and their respective applicable bonus, before making the transfer.
- This promotion is not eligible for mileage accrual through cobranded LifeMiles credit and/or debit cards.
- For some of the participating partners programs, a charge for the transfer applies in accordance with their conditions or regulations, for which LifeMiles is not responsible. The minimum and maximum quantity of points/miles to transfer or convert to LifeMiles depends on the policies of each partner. Before transferring the points/miles to LifeMiles, the member is responsible of consulting with the partner about its regulations, conditions and charges.
- The transfer of Points or Miles from participating partners to LifeMiles can also be made to family or friends accounts according to LifeMiles policies, whenever permitted by the policies of your issuer partner.
- Neither Miles earned through transfer nor bonus Miles earned with this promotion apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status.
- The LifeMiles bonus along with your Miles will be credited no later than one week after the participating partner reports the request of miles transfer, except participating partners of the hotels category, in which case the miles will be credited no later than four to six weeks after the miles transfer.
- LifeMiles is not responsible for the transfer report request by the partner or by the time each partner takes in doing so.
- Once the points are transferred to LifeMiles, the transaction cannot be reversed.
- Upon completion of the transfer, Terms and Conditions of the LifeMiles Program apply
- Ask participating partners of your interest for additional regulations
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles B.V.