United Airlines and Marriott Rewards launched RewardsPlus partnership few years ago.
United Airlines Gold members and higher get Marriott Rewards Gold status and Marriott Rewards Platinum members receive complimentary United Silver status.
Now, United Airlines is offering 50% Premier Qualifying Miles bonus for those that have received Silver status from this partnership. You can access the promo registration page here.
Here’s copy of the email:
Note that this doesn’t waive the Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) requirement that you also must meet. To reach the Gold status one must spend minimum of $6,000 in addition to fulfilling the PQM or PQS requirement.
Also, only more expensive fare classes are eligible for the bonus:
F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V or W.
This offer only makes sense if one flies on more expensive fares and won’t have trouble fulfilling the Premier Qualifying Dollars requirement too.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is only valid for MileagePlus members who have registered for the RewardsPlus program and have active Premier Silver status only through RewardsPlus at time of registration. MileagePlus members who have met the MileagePlus program qualification requirements for Premier Silver status and have qualified for Premier Silver status independently of the RewardsPlus program prior to the time of registration for this promotion are not eligible for this offer.
- RewardsPlus Premier Silver members may only register for this offer one time.
- Registration on united.com is required before ticket purchase using promo code EQM-RS5.
- RewardsPlus Premier Silver members will earn bonus PQM on all paid qualifying segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V or W.
- Travel must be purchased and completed within 90 days of registering for the promotion.
- For this offer, only PQM earned on paid qualifying segments operated by United and United Express will qualify for the bonus. Offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Bonus PQM will be calculated by multiplying 50% by the number of base PQM otherwise awarded on paid qualifying flight segments. This offer does not apply to and will not impact the calculation of Premier qualifying segments (PQS), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- Registration for this offer must occur no later than December 31, 2016. No bonus PQM will be earned in connection with any segments completed after March 30, 2017. Offer is not valid on government fares.
- A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Bonus is not combinable with other offers.
- Award tickets and other tickets that are not eligible to earn miles do not qualify for this offer.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Bonus PQM earned through this promotion will count toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
- Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fare classes, and subsequent changes to any fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United Club℠, Premier Access, Award Accelerator®, Premier Accelerator℠, irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
- Offer is valid for tickets purchased through united.com, our reservation center or United Airlines city ticket offices. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $50 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change
- Offer is subject to change or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus