Avianca LifeMiles has launched yet another promotion for basically selling LifeMiles at 1.5 cents years.
You can now transfer LifeMiles between accounts and paying $15 for every 1,000 miles moved. LifeMiles will double the miles and thus mining new miles at 1.5 cents each.
You can access LifeMiles web page for this offer here.
You can read more about my recent Avianca LifeMiles awards success on the following post:
Avianca LifeMiles sells miles several times a year and the price per mile is lower than during this transfer offer that makes sense if your family member has few miles stranded on his/her account. This promo helps you to consolidate them.
LifeMiles was a great program few years ago. The miles required for awards, routings rules and sometimes working award search engine are negatives and makes LifeMiles less valuable for me.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion applies between July 12th and 26th, 2016(between 00.00-12.00 GMT -5, Colombia), as the last date of transfer.
- Minimum transfer miles: 1,000.
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of 1,000.
- Maximum transfer miles per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- Maximum LifeMiles to receive per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $15.00 without applicable taxes and USD $18.30* including applicable taxes according to correspondence country registered in the LifeMiles database**
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through ENJOY/Transfer LifeMiles.
- Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption.
- Only form of payment through Avianca’s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers.
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain Elite status.
- The transfer of miles is an immediate execution transaction. Once the miles are transfered, the miles will be accrued immediately on the receiving members account. As of that moment the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program. For these reasons the transfer of miles is a transaction that cannot be resolved and retraction or similar rights according to applicable law are not applicable.
- Miles transfer is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. For residents of Curacao it is only available through LifeMiles.com and Avianca’s Call Centers. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- Miles transfered, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles B.V.