Cathay Pacific is celebrating its 70th anniversary next month and is offering bonus miles for Asia Miles members based in the US.
Asia Miles members can earn 60,000 bonus miles in first, 45,000 bonus miles in business and 30,000 bonus miles in premium economy for travel between September 1 – December 31, 2016.
You can access and register this offer on Cathay’s website here.
Here’s how the bonus miles stack up:
There are additional bonus miles for status members:
I don’t usually cover airline bonus miles offers unless they are significant enough that is the case with this Cathay Pacific one. Those that travel between United States and Hong Kong in premium cabins this fall have good option where to credit the miles.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- This offer is only applicable to members residing in the USA. Residency is determined by the member’s preferred mailing address as registered with Asia Miles.
- This offer is only applicable to round-trip flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific, originating in the USA (Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York [John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport] and San Francisco) and travelling to Hong Kong. Travel must commence and be completed between 1 September and 31 December 2016, inclusive.
- This offer is only applicable to members who pre-register online for this promotion between 1 August and 31 December 2016, inclusive, before the commencement of the first sector of the trip.
- This offer is only applicable to travel in eligible fare classes F, A (First Class), J, C, D, I (Business Class), W, R and E (Premium Economy Class). Subclasses not listed are not eligible for this offer.
- Open-jaw within the USA is allowed.
- Mixed class travel is allowed, with Bonus Asia Miles calculated according to the ticket class of each sector.
- There is no limit to the number of times Bonus Asia Miles can be earned during the promotion period.
- The one-time welcome offer of 500 Bonus Asia Miles is only available to new members who enroll between 1 August and 31 December 2016, and who fly between 1 September and 31 December 2016, all dates inclusive.
- The offer of up to an additional 5,000 Bonus Asia Miles is only applicable to Marco Polo Club members who register for the promotion. The amount of Bonus Asia Miles depends on their membership tier and does not contribute towards tier status.
- Bonus Asia Miles will be credited to the member’s account 6 to 8 weeks after the promotion ends.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. reserves the right to suspend, amend or modify these terms and conditions at any time and at their sole discretion, without prior notice or liability.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers.
- Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.