American Airlines has been sending out targeted offers to instant Gold or Platinum status in their program for 3 month period + fast track offer to keep the status through January 2018.
American Airlines has previously had similar targeted offers throughout the years and they are very good way to lure fliers from other airlines (Delta, United and Southwest).
The promo code of the Platinum offer is HVC3Q.
Note that the flown miles on the airlines below are eligible for the fast track challenge:
- American Airlines + affiliates
- British Airways
- Japan Airlines
- Qantas (all Qantas coded flights on other airlines as well such as Emirates except Jetstar)
Here’s the Gold offer:
- Register for this exclusive offer to enjoy complimentary American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold status for 3 months.
- Use the promotion code you received from us, and register when you want it (before you travel and no later than December 16, 2016). You’ll also receive 10, 500-mile upgrades.
- To extend your elite benefits through January 31, 2018, earn 7,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) on American, eligible codeshare flights and other eligible airlines* during your 3-month trial.
The the Platinum one:
- Register for this exclusive offer to enjoy complimentary American Airlines AAdvantage® Platinum status through December 16, 2016.
- Use the promotion code you received from us, and register before you travel and no later than September 7, 2016. You’ll also receive 20, 500-mile upgrades.
- To extend your elite benefits through January 31, 2018, earn 12,500 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) on American, eligible codeshare flights and other eligible airlines* for travel between the date you register and December 16, 2016.
American Airlines is trying to poach frequent fliers from other airlines by extending this lucrative offer. There is no downside taking advantage of it if you were targeted.
Some may have also received a fast track offer to Executive Platinum status that requires quite a few flown miles over the three month period to complete.