Avianca has launched a new LifeMiles sale that comes with up to a 130% bonus for purchases made between September 1 – 10, 2016.
You can purchase up to 150,000 LifeMiles every calendar year before any bonuses.
You can access this offer on Avianca’s website here.
The per mile price if purchasing the maximum amount of miles is 1.43 cents each.
Does it make sense to purchase LifeMiles?
LifeMiles used to be very valuable but the award chart has been devalued few times along the way. There are still some values left such as my recent SCL-GYE and UIO-POA redemptions that I wrote about here.
You can always “purchase” more LifeMiles during the award redemption process as Avianca allows you to buy up to 50% of the miles needed for about 1.5 cents per mile. I would only buy these if you have good use for them in the near future.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- The bonus percentage is according to the table shown above and is calculated based on the miles purchased per individual transaction without taking into account the promotional bonus.
- The miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000.
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 2,000 LifeMiles. If the member purchases less than 2,000 LifeMiles per transaction such transaction will be processed successfully but without granting the bonus shown in the table above.
- The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion to receive the bonus showed in the table above is 150,000 LifeMiles if the Member has not purchased miles in 2016 or 150,000 LifeMiles minus the miles previously purchased by the Member in 2016.
- The Member may purchase miles outside of the limits showed in the table above but in such case the transactions will be processed but no bonuses will be granted.
- The maximum amount of miles to receive by a member per calendar year outside of this promotion is 150,000 LifeMiles (including miles purchased and bonuses received). If the member surpasses the limit, through purchases made during this promotion and other purchases in 2016, taking into account the bonuses received for those purchases, he or she will not be able to purchase any more miles until the next calendar year.
- Each package of 1,000 LifeMiles costs USD $33.00 without applicable taxes and USD $40.26* including applicable taxes according to correspondence country registered in the LifeMiles database**
- Only form of payment through Avianca’s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers. Other Conditions: The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles accrued to the member’s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction.
- Early Bird Bonus promotion applies for miles purchases made between September 1st and September 10th, 2016 (between 00.00-12.00 GMT -6, El Salvador) and Regular Promotion applies for miles purchases made between September 11th and September 30th, 2016.
- The miles purchased and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain the Elite status.
- The purchase of miles is an immediate execution contract. Once the payment is made, the miles will be accrued immediately on the members account. As of that moment the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program. For these reasons the purchase of miles is a contract that cannot be resolved and retraction or similar rights according to applicable law are not applicable.
- Miles are not endorsable.
- Miles purchase is available through Avianca’s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. For residents of Curacao it is only available through LifeMiles.com and Avianca’s Call Centers. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption.
- Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles B.V.
*For residents in Colombia: the values are settled based on Colombia’s exchange rate on the date of the transaction. For residents in Peru each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 38,94 or S/.128.89 including taxes. Prices in Nuevos Soles reflect the reference exchange rate to August 16th 2016: S/. 3.25 Per 1 USD dollar. Final prices in Nuevos Soles will be determined bases on the exchange rate of the date of the transaction. For residents in Costa Rica the values are settled based on the exchange rate issued by IATA. For the rest of the countries the values are settled based on the exchange rate of the date of the transaction. **The price can be lower depending of the correspondence country entered on the Member’s profile in their LifeMiles account.